2700x mini-itx build - thoughts

Soldato
Scaling is set to 175% and the monitor is in portrait mode. And while a 1440p monitor might have been cheaper, it wouldn't have given me the better quality text. My eyes are worth the expense.

though seems windows 10 has damn good scaling. Adobe and steam/games have some of the worst UI/Text scaling i've seen

PPI betwene 24" and 27" is about 5%, though you do get a larger Pixel - less need for scaling and easier to see whilst maintaining image quality or PPI

ah correction - adobe scales accurately now :D been a while since i've used it

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah, so now we have a number of graphics card suggestion. so who's going to tell me the 'best'?

P400
RX570
GTX1050
WX3100

Looks like the 1st and last both have the lowest power consumption. This is good in my book, as its a small case. I wont be gaming at all, but will be looking at connect 2 x 4k's.

So which should I pick?

the only real reason i selected the WX3100 wasnt because it be a good card choice for professional work stations, but because its a single slot given the chosen case i selected, the case would be like standing an xbox one on its side just cube like, so its small enough for moving about, mean you can get a single slot 1070, but who knows how much that costs. the only other choice i saw for single slot was a gt 1030, but id suspect that would struggle with 4k if it was more than just displaying desktop/everything on the screen.

i own an rx 570, i have also owned a 1050ti, i find my 570 better like it should be, so it would be better than a normal 1050 more so, i guess it would boil down to what you need the card to do and how it can execute the task, some cards might not support what you need.

Associate
OP
Ha, all I really need is a text editor. I think I'm going to go with the W3100 as its small enough to allow me to get a full size ATX psu, rather than a sfx one. Works out cheaper overall. I also quite like the idea of cards that have pro level quality from a driver point of view, and it gives me a little more power over and above the p400 I originally looked at.

Soldato
Ha, all I really need is a text editor. I think I'm going to go with the W3100 as its small enough to allow me to get a full size ATX psu, rather than a sfx one. Works out cheaper overall. I also quite like the idea of cards that have pro level quality from a driver point of view, and it gives me a little more power over and above the p400 I originally looked at.

heads up, they are half height GPU's. Nvidia P400 states ATX bracket

1 x Unattached ATX Bracket

nothing noted on AMD W3100

also Nvidia pascal P400 is 30w , AMD Polaris W3100 is 50w

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kolink-satellite-plus-aluminium-micro-atx-case-black-ca-02f-kk.html

ITX case (dual pci slot) that can house ATX PSU full size if ITX GPU being used or max 140mm if longer GPU being used. also allows tall CPU cooler 165mm

Back
Top Bottom