Help diagnosing BSODs

Associate
Hi people
I've been getting random BSODs every cold boot for as long as I can remember now I used to put it down to a faulty motherboard (Gigabyte Z77-UD3H) , but ive since swapped that out for a Asrock z77 extreme 4 and its just as bad if not worse.
It takes 5 minutes of random BSODs and tinkering in the BIOS to get a stable windows....
This happens at stock and Overclocked.
I did clone my Windows when moving to a new SSD recently so would a fresh re-install help or is this definetely hardware related and if so how do I diagnose it?
Its driving me mad!
p.s ram has passed memtest no issues and PSU is a good brand (Coolermaster v1000)

Associate
Hi people
I've been getting random BSODs every cold boot for as long as I can remember now I used to put it down to a faulty motherboard (Gigabyte Z77-UD3H) , but ive since swapped that out for a Asrock z77 extreme 4 and its just as bad if not worse.
It takes 5 minutes of random BSODs and tinkering in the BIOS to get a stable windows....
This happens at stock and Overclocked.
I did clone my Windows when moving to a new SSD recently so would a fresh re-install help or is this definetely hardware related and if so how do I diagnose it?
Its driving me mad!
p.s ram has passed memtest no issues and PSU is a good brand (Coolermaster v1000)
How many passes of memtest did you do? Usually you wanna do at least 8 passes to rule out any issues.

Can you grab your minidump files and zip them up? They're usually located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Zip them up and whack them somewhere for me to download and I can try and diagnose. No promises tho, I'm an amateur at this stuff.

Associate
OP
I'm borrowing a different PSU to test tomorrow so will try that and also some more memtesting then.....
Can you have a dodgy SSD then I assumed they just either worked or they didn't?

Soldato
Windows 10 pro.....
It seemed a pretty straightforward clone job.....
Yes it may well of been but if there are issues in your OS that are causing the BSOD you are just taking them over to the new install. I have a strong feeling that after a clean install the BSOD's will go away. Especially as you have everything else running at stock. ;)

Back
Top Bottom