theHunter: Call of the Wild

Associate
I had not heard of this game before until I saw this thread. It looks interesting, kind of like the golf of shooters (and I mean that as a compliment).

How much effort have the devs gone to make the animals act as they would in their natural habitat? Is it all natural ai or will they script (teleport) animals in and out of scenes based on what you have done?

With the predators can they attack you or is there no risk at all for walking around the wilderness?

Also is their any sign they will change the 1 game save limit? When I read that it instantly put me off considering the game.

Soldato
Answering the above - superb game, great animal "physics" - they get spook and run off from noise, they will attack you if you get to close, the act very very naturally in terms of their own individual breeds etc.

Not sure why you would need more than one save.....

Caporegime
OP
I had not heard of this game before until I saw this thread. It looks interesting, kind of like the golf of shooters (and I mean that as a compliment).

How much effort have the devs gone to make the animals act as they would in their natural habitat? Is it all natural ai or will they script (teleport) animals in and out of scenes based on what you have done?

With the predators can they attack you or is there no risk at all for walking around the wilderness?

Also is their any sign they will change the 1 game save limit? When I read that it instantly put me off considering the game.

not scripted. animals will react and the hunting is based on how you play. predators will kill you. the save game limit. is fine. there is so much to do you dont need any more than one save.

Soldato

It looks good, and it looks like the lions hunt you :eek: (obviously this is the beta ;))

Looks like there are a few people that play this. How about we go online some time and hunt together?? :cool::p

Soldato
There is a big thread about the problem on steam here https://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/5/133259227516123011/ , has been on going since early 2017, infact one of the biggest and its even been pinned, in the bugs reports section i suggest backing up save file just in case, has happen to me once, only lost around 20 hours myself, but some guys have lost 100's, you dont want to loose 100's of hours do you, just a heads up.

Caporegime
OP
its not really a big deal just go my documents back up the avalanche folder its quite small.then if you ever have a issue its a simple copy paste.

Cyclone if you fancy a game im up for some mp. thats my lion video :p . me and booyaka were on about some mp. join in i could film us having a laugh . :D

Soldato
Yeh, like i said back up just in case, if you dont and you have put in 1000 hours like some, its to late, then it is a massive deal, ive backed up ever since i lost my game saves, 99.9% of people dont backup, your thank me later.

Soldato
its not really a big deal just go my documents back up the avalanche folder its quite small.then if you ever have a issue its a simple copy paste.

Cyclone if you fancy a game im up for some mp. thats my lion video :p . me and booyaka were on about some mp. join in i could film us having a laugh . :D

I'm up for that but can't do it till tonight though. Let me know what time /server /password and I'll jump in Should be fun :)

Good video btw

Soldato
There is a big thread about the problem on steam here https://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/5/133259227516123011/ , has been on going since early 2017, infact one of the biggest and its even been pinned, in the bugs reports section i suggest backing up save file just in case, has happen to me once, only lost around 20 hours myself, but some guys have lost 100's, you dont want to loose 100's of hours do you, just a heads up.
Oh OK, never knew about that. Interesting to know that there are a lot of folks that don't bother to back up their computers, I appreciate the data loss is the software's fault but it does kind of demonstrate that backing up is an important habit to get into for all of your user data, not just game saves. Fortunately this is pretty ingrained with me so I wouldn't be affected that badly.

Looking forward t seeing some Lions soon (though not too close I hope).

Caporegime
OP
he did get killed by it first though ! :D congrats ! :p

just finishing a bow hunting video on the lions. bow hunting them is next level scary. :p

Associate
Excellent news. Hunting Lions. I bloody hate cats. Can't wait to get into some of that.

Only just started this game recently. Level 11 now and finding the missions a bit of a nuisance. Those 2 Coyotes are a real pain.

Associate
Thanks guys, will pick this up soon and make sure I backup after every session. Shame that trackir works with hunter classic but not this as I think it would be excellent for quick checks and those high stealth moments

Soldato
So can’t wait to start the Africa map now that there will be lions. The thought of going after the many generic ‘deer’ in Africa is the reason I haven’t started it yet. Hopefully this will pave the way for additional exotics. Maybe Rhino will be too close to the bone but it’s only pixels!

Back
Top Bottom