Food you remember from the 80s

Caporegime
Fiendish Feet -

fiendish-feet-yogurt.jpg
Reminds of the ice cream lollies, Funny Feet.

Permabanned
Chocolate marshmallows. Made by Jacobs? Not seen nor eaten one for years. I was also partial to an ice cream wafer shaped slab dunked in American Cream Soda, not sure the digestion would accommodate one, especially after a few pints of Blue Moon.

Associate
Well that`s wrong straight away, they should be home baked and filled with tiny prawns from the cord en blue freezer place and marie sauce from salad cream and DADDIES tom ketchup. Maybe just maybe 5 sprinkles of paprika.

Correct.
The other filling is chicken and mushroom- diced chicken breast, with a tin of Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup stirred in.

Caporegime
Nik-Naks (scampi and lemon flavour, obvs)
Those Gob-stopper things (hard sugar casing with chewing-gum middle).
Lion bars.
Wheat Crunchies
Creme Eggs.
Juicy Fruit chewing gum
Kinder surprise
Milky bar kid

All of these things are still with us. I'm struggling to think of something that genuinely disappeared that I used to eat.

I was really young in the 80s :p

Soldato
Abbey crunch - genuinely disappeared RIP.
Club biscuits - with thick chocolate on the outside
Golden Nuggets ... original incarnation were large pillows, doubt new ones taste the same.

Associate
Funny Faces ( Ice Ceam )
Golden Cup Choclate
Ruffles < Raspberry flavoured coconut inside chocolate shell
Flavoured Polo’s
All kinds of sherbet you could buy in Ounces not Milligrams and in PAPER bags not plastic! 2 Ounce 1/4
Tofffes like Midget Gems that came in a box that you picked the weight you wanted
I loved Fry’s Turkish delight back in the day saw one just recently and my heart sank. “ What the hell happend to it”! I remember it taking me ages to eat one now it’s like “ Is that it”?
I am sure many more will come to me. B starving now

Soldato
Westler's tinned beefburgers in onion gravy. Served with peas, tinned potatoes and bread and butter. Heaven..,.

Were fritters not a thing back then also. Can't even remember what they are, I think you got hamburger's in tins also. All tinned stuff.

These biscuits may still do them though.

549a43c323522ef227e8f75122ef8bb4--club-biscuits-s-food.jpg

And these

image.jpg

Can never beat your custard creams though.

Custard-Cream1.jpg

1c383df8b38fe053ed8bbcb0085fc51f--childhood-memories-nostalgia.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom