**** The Official Google Pixel C Thread ****

Permabanned
I just switched Demo off as you stated. It seems to be locking up no matter what I do a few seconds into SSE. It'll flash rapidly, then the demo freezes but the app is still responsive.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm getting, thanks for testing that for me. :)

Looks like a driver glitch to me, hopefully this won't effect any games as I doubt Google will ever fix it now.

Soldato
Yep, that's exactly what I'm getting, thanks for testing that for me. :)

Looks like a driver glitch to me, hopefully this won't effect any games as I doubt Google will ever fix it now.
Yeah I can't see Google changing their stance on the tablet, which is a shame. As long as your games are running fine I wouldn't worry too much. I don't play games so the tablet really hasn't been stressed much.

Soldato
Permabanned
Looks like Google have finally admitted to ending support, disgusting that issues they introduced 8 months ago were never fixed though.

Definitely something I'll keep in mind when considering devices moving forward.

Associate
I'm definitely safe in my mind about getting rid of mine a while back... although expected after saying it wouldn't get Android P, the writing was on the wall for support. I do miss mine at times though.

I wonder if we could get shill to feed back our pleasure/displeasure to his corporate overlords?

Soldato
I haven't seen anything mentioned so far, but I highly doubt it. Google abandoned the C and want you to buy the Slate, not put it on a cheaper device.

I've been running Lineage on mine for the past month and can't quite believe how smooth and packed full of features it is. Wish I'd done this sooner!

Soldato
Pixel C is no longer supported, so aside from security updates will see no interesting OS updates outside of the (awesome) dev community.

I'm planning on sticking mine on Lineage soon, but waiting 'til back in UK for a while for speed of app downloads.
Still love the hardware and performance it is capable of, but absolutely do not love Google.

Soldato
Pixel C is no longer supported, so aside from security updates will see no interesting OS updates outside of the (awesome) dev community.

I'm planning on sticking mine on Lineage soon, but waiting 'til back in UK for a while for speed of app downloads.
Still love the hardware and performance it is capable of, but absolutely do not love Google.
I feel the exact same way, they treat their devices too poorly and they're so overpriced now. I highly recommend Lineage - I found it a pain to put on though (mostly TWRP) but once it was on it is fluid, offers the same battery life and runs NF and YouTube in 1440p resolutions without issues. The Recents menu is still a mess though as you can't swipe away apps :/

Soldato
Sadly it seems mine is on it's way out. Purchased in November 2017, it has served me very well since then however tonight I began getting odd screen issues where half the screen is visible and half isn't. It is a common fault mentioned on both reddit and the google forums. The power button semi works half the time and the tablet is partially functional but it is clear where things are going.

I'll try and get in touch with Google to maybe get something but obviously my chances are incredibly slim. As I've said before, this will be my last 'Google' device - they're just too unreliable.

Soldato
Sadly it seems mine is on it's way out. Purchased in November 2017, it has served me very well since then however tonight I began getting odd screen issues where half the screen is visible and half isn't. It is a common fault mentioned on both reddit and the google forums. The power button semi works half the time and the tablet is partially functional but it is clear where things are going.

I'll try and get in touch with Google to maybe get something but obviously my chances are incredibly slim. As I've said before, this will be my last 'Google' device - they're just too unreliable.
Does it not carry a 2 year warranty from Google?

Soldato
Does it not carry a 2 year warranty from Google?
It should do yes. However since they've stopped supporting it, I cannot find anything regarding Pixel C hardware queries/support on their minefield of a site. I'll certainly try every avenue with them in a few hours. Already opted for a 32GB 9.7" Ipad from JL as a replacement. Not used iOS as a daily driver since 2012!

I just flashed google's stock rom onto the Pixel C (was using Lineage prior) and the display throughout the setup was all over the shop. Fair to say it has definately bit the dust. Shame because it has been performing superbly and I am not used to sudden tablet failures!

Permabanned
It should do yes. However since they've stopped supporting it, I cannot find anything regarding Pixel C hardware queries/support on their minefield of a site. I'll certainly try every avenue with them in a few hours. Already opted for a 32GB 9.7" Ipad from JL as a replacement. Not used iOS as a daily driver since 2012!

I just flashed google's stock rom onto the Pixel C (was using Lineage prior) and the display throughout the setup was all over the shop. Fair to say it has definitely bit the dust. Shame because it has been performing superbly and I am not used to sudden tablet failures!

If you're still under warranty (which you should be until November 2019)I'd push Google for a replacement or some kind of compensation, it's not your fault they don't support it anymore.

Maybe they'll give you a Pixel State, doubtful, but you never know.

Mine is from 2015 and still going strong, well other than the software issues they "introduced" in the last major update. The funny thing is they fixed it briefly a month or so ago and then broke it again.

Associate
I have a Pixel C and the official keyboard bought direct from Google. It's about 15 months old.

How would i go about contacting Google about it as mentioned above? I have never had to do this before but do feel that dropping support is bad.

Permabanned
I have a Pixel C and the official keyboard bought direct from Google. It's about 15 months old.

How would i go about contacting Google about it as mentioned above? I have never had to do this before but do feel that dropping support is bad.

You could try the below and request a callback, it's probably better if you speak to somebody.

https://support.google.com/store/?p=ordering_c2c

Soldato
If you're still under warranty (which you should be until November 2019)I'd push Google for a replacement or some kind of compensation, it's not your fault they don't support it anymore.

Maybe they'll give you a Pixel State, doubtful, but you never know.

Mine is from 2015 and still going strong, well other than the software issues they "introduced" in the last major update. The funny thing is they fixed it briefly a month or so ago and then broke it again.
The Slate is the last thing I want lol. I've got an iPad ordered as of this morning! To be honest I am done with Android Tablets. My backup one is my trusty Samsung Galaxy Tab S8.4 which is chugging along well but it has very slow GPU performance for everyday use.

Using the link below, I received a call from Google HQ in California and spoke to a techy there who checked my order details etc. Upon looking at my album below he immediately knew the device was buggered. My case has been escalated to the next level so I await further contact so I'll update this post later.

Pics of my display issue: https://imgur.com/a/QlY2LjB

I used the link under the Start A Claim section of this page. https://support.google.com/store/answer/6160400?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=3244667

Update: 11:00 - Google rang again from California and asked if my CC card that I ordered the Pixel C from was still valid. I stated yes so they will get back to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom