*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
yeah but is the pro controller really worth paying £40 over using a DS4? i heard a guy at work say the same about the pro controller. so i may need to get him to bring it in one day so i can feel it in my hands

It's far better than the DS4. Really nicely built with zero flex anywhere on the casing.

It's just a shame the 8bitdo adapter doesn't work the other way (Switch Pro controller to PS4).

Permabanned
Guys would the Pokemon bundle be worth a buy for the resale of the dock? This could be got for £339 with the pokeball.

Would it be possible to sell the pokeball dock and the Pikachu head toy? I could probably sell Pokemon lets go too if you can sell the download codes?

Does anyone here have interest in a Smash or Pokemon branded dock? Contact me because it would be brand new and i would have all the things in the bundles but only want the console.

Caporegime
yeah but is the pro controller really worth paying £40 over using a DS4? i heard a guy at work say the same about the pro controller. so i may need to get him to bring it in one day so i can feel it in my hands
Where are you getting this price from?

DS4 brand new from Amazon - £44
Switch Pro Controller -£63

Currently a £19 difference.

I have a camelcamelcamel alert setup for the pro controller. It regularly drops to anywhere between £42-£55

Soldato
I got mine for £55 I think. They are expensive, but also a case of you get what you pay for. I play mostly docked and it was a no brainer.

Permabanned
Why would you want to sell the dock? It’s a integral part of the experience?

I mean I play 90% hand held but there is still 10% I don’t.

Its not integral at all its superior undocked look at Zelda no dips undocked and superior pixel density and sharpness. I think the only thing this needs is a 1080p OLED and it would be my choice.

So for me it really is a waste. And i will never ever use it so i might as well sell. Mind you if they upscaled and did a 1:1 on a 4K TV i might keep the dock and collect the console but Nintendo failed to see that in that case 1080 is stretched on a 4k TV which puts you in a poor spot going forward with 4k the future.

Soldato
Games look a shed tonne better on a decent panel - 4k or not. Performance varies from game to game, but i'd take BotW on my 4k panel over the handheld experience all day long. Sure, if you're always on the move and don't play at home.

Caporegime
Where are you getting this price from?

DS4 brand new from Amazon - £44
Switch Pro Controller -£63

Currently a £19 difference.

I have a camelcamelcamel alert setup for the pro controller. It regularly drops to anywhere between £42-£55

because people that buy an 8bitdo will already have a DS4

so it's £63 vs £15 on a dongle

which is a £43 difference.

i wouldn't entertain buying a dongle if i didn't already have several ds4 controllers lying about.

Caporegime
Its not integral at all its superior undocked look at Zelda no dips undocked and superior pixel density and sharpness. I think the only thing this needs is a 1080p OLED and it would be my choice.

So for me it really is a waste. And i will never ever use it so i might as well sell. Mind you if they upscaled and did a 1:1 on a 4K TV i might keep the dock and collect the console but Nintendo failed to see that in that case 1080 is stretched on a 4k TV which puts you in a poor spot going forward with 4k the future.

the switch isn't and never will be a 4k console. hell the ps4 pro isn't even a 4k console in reality. the switch only has a fraction of it's power.

Soldato
Its not integral at all its superior undocked look at Zelda no dips undocked and superior pixel density and sharpness.

There are a ton of games that look way worse in hand held. Zelda gets some very minor dips now and again in long grass (since they patched it it's miles better) but generally it looks fantastic on a big screen. Other titles like Doom, Wolfenstein, Xenoblade look much, much worse in hand held than they do through the dock.

Man of Honour
There will be a good amount of people buying the Switch to replace their 3DS so I'm not surprised to find extra docks on sale.

I bought one myself from someone to make a mini portable dock and they were only using it as a handheld.

Other nutters pretty much only use it docked so Switch ownership takes all sorts :p

Personally all the "AAA" and online games are played docked while the indie games and some parts of larger games (Zelda, Skyrim, Diablo) get played in handheld. I'd say my ratio is about 70:30.

Soldato

I do not like the less visible screen playing Zelda in handheld. Like 720p Vs 900p docked. Feels like someone cut an inch or so of the top of the screen in handheld.

Soldato
Speaking of hand held games I recently fired up Dead Cells for the first time after buying it on sale at Christmas and oh my it is so good. Not sure if I'll ever get to the later areas but the combat is amazing. Love it.

Caporegime
right okay what are the best local multiplayer games for people who aren't into gaming?

snipperclips - whoever recommended this last time - thank you it's amazing 10/10
mario kart - got this and it's mario kart enough said
bombers world - cheap rip off of bomberman

also got overcooked the original when it was on sale as well as splatoon 2

next purchases

mario party
smash bros

anything else for people who aren't hardcore gamers to play that is local multiplayer? snipperclips is immense things along those lines.

Niddhogg 2. My flatmate can barely use a pad, but he will play niddhogg at anytime.

Soldato
to me, switch is a turn based games and jrpg machine, games like tales of vesperia and atelier games are perfect for it, since they are not hard on the hardware and have lots of content to grind on my daily train journey. remastered old games and arcade games are great too

Back
Top Bottom