Budget Build Advice

Soldato
Hi All,

Having been out of the system building game for many years, i'm looking at building a budget PC. This will mainly be used for general browsing / media server duties (although will probably get a WD Mycloud / NAS device for this) and will be used for the odd bit of gaming by the kids (minecraft / roblox), nothing too intensive, and to do general admin work on.

Most of this will be purchased second hand so i was thinking the following:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G (around £65-£70?)
ATX / mATX B450 Motherboard (£60-£65)
8GB DDR4 RAM (Around £50 again?)
SSD for the OS (around £20)
Other hard drives i already have
Graphics card (Unsure whether i'll need this due to the VEGA graphics, but willing to spend around £60 on something seperate, not sure what i'll get for that money, don't need anything too powerful)
Case - will buy new, around £30 probably.

So am i on track with prices / specs, and could i get anything better for the money?

Thanks for any advice.

/edit - currently using an acient Intel Core 2 dell system so anything will be an upgrade!
James

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for that. That looks good!

Would i be able to use the 400W PSU out of my current system? It is fairly old but should be the same connection?

Thank you :)

Soldato
Thanks for that. That looks good!

Would i be able to use the 400W PSU out of my current system? It is fairly old but should be the same connection?

Thank you :)

think of a PSU as your heart . it goes, takes the rest out , no warranty or cover for new parts it would possibly take out. Had you said PSU still has warranty or able to list it as a solid model- then sure, should be fine :)

Soldato
OP
Fair do's, i'd probably just get a new one for the sake of 40 quid. thanks for your input :) I like that spec, so i think thats what i'll stick too.

Back
Top Bottom