Games shutting down on new build

Associate
Hi,

I have just finished a new build, but within minutes of playing games they shut down. Some give me long error codes, others do not.

I have noticed that the GPU gets very hot and the fans aren't spinning during gameplay, they only spin during boot.

I am powering the GPU with the single cable that has two 8 pin connections coming off it, but I read that it might be a good idea to use two cables?

Specs are:

i9 9900k
32gb g skill trident z @3600
msi rtx gaming trio 2080
asus rog maximus hero xi
nzxt kraken 280
corsair hx750i platinum.

Soldato
Do you have any fan control software running? MSI Afterburner? It sounds like the graphics card is overheating because the fans aren't spinning up.

Try monitoring the temperatures and even taking logs. Afterburner can do this. See if the crashes are at a temperature peak.

Have you run stability tests?

Associate
OP
I've installed MSI Afterburner and the overlay stated that the GPU reached 64c, 60c triggered the fans.

Within 2 minutes of playing a game my PC blue screened and I was given page_fault_in_nonpaged_area error.

The very first time I turned on the PC I set the ram in the bios to run at 3600mhz, could this be causing problems?

Associate
OP
So, I think I've found the problem. I changed my ram speed back to auto in the bios and no games have crashed since.

I might need a bios update if I want to return to 3600mhz?

This is the first build I've done in 5 years, the joys of problem solving!

Back
Top Bottom