theHunter: Call of the Wild

Associate
Y'know? This game is quite possibly one of the best I've ever played.

There's just something about that sense of being "out there" alone , man against beast. Natural instinct. Hunter Gatherer.

The sounds of being out in the wild.

Takes me back to when I was just a kid with a BSA air sporter slung on my back. Or a folding 410 poachers gun stuffed inside me jacket.

Political Correctness I don't do.

Happy days.

Soldato
Started the Africa map and it looks amazing but it seems my fps tanks compared to the other maps. I used to get a solid 60fps at 1440p on the original maps and now between 40-60 on this map.

Permabanned
Y'know? This game is quite possibly one of the best I've ever played.

There's just something about that sense of being "out there" alone , man against beast. Natural instinct. Hunter Gatherer.

The sounds of being out in the wild.

Takes me back to when I was just a kid with a BSA air sporter slung on my back. Or a folding 410 poachers gun stuffed inside me jacket.

Political Correctness I don't do.

Happy days.
How old are you mate?

Caporegime
OP
the lions are out on the 5th febuary on live. so only a couple of days. we should get some of us on mp. could be a great laugh.:D

Associate
Just picked up the 2019 edition. Shot my first deer but it was not a great hit. All I could find is 2 blood stains saying 'low bleed' and not much else. Been searching for ages. Can animals survive minor wounds? I have read differing claims. Right now after 15 minutes I have 100% of shots hit but 0 critters killed. Shall I take it that it is alive and legged it?

Also how do I set tracked animal? because about 8 or 9 minutes into trying to track the whitetail it told me my current tracked animal was a jack rabbit. All I could recall pressing is e for the various tracks. Should I not interact with any other tracks over than the cyan one when tracking?

Associate
If it was not a good hit then it was probably a flesh wound, most die eventually if it's a good hit and with an appropriate weapon.
I think as you gain skills/perks you can unlock information about the animals condition/ bleed rate.

EDIT:
You can change the colours for tracking icons
Cyan is animal currently being tracked
White is animal not currently being tracked.
You may have pressed "e" whilst closer to the track you weren't following and it's switched over.
I found it better to change to purple or red to make them stand out more and have less chance of following wrong one.

Associate
Should I not interact with any other tracks over than the cyan one when tracking?

Absolutely. Took me a while to figure it out but once you've shot, and hit, an animal- it's best to make a beeline to the exact spot where it was shot. Find the blood pool - examine it - and then follow the cyan /blue tracks on the ground. Ignore everything else. Do not look at anything other than the cyan tracks. If you lose the blood trail then you're following the wrong animal.

PS. Flesh Wounds will drive you nuts and have you running around in circles , backtracking and doubling back again on yourself trying to find the bloody animal.

What fun. ( actually it gets a whole lot easier after you've acquired the appropriate tracking skills)

Associate
Yes I have hit a fair few things but only officially harvested one deer in the few hours I played. I did harvested 2 other deer early on but I didn't realise you had to get to an outpost to save so when I next loaded up they were gone from my history. Worst moment was getting a vital on a moose and then my keyboard cut out which is only fixed by restarting, once again I lost the moment. Other than that I just spent the day annoying animals with flesh wounds and wondering if I will ever see that coyote which is always in and around me. Overall I enjoyed the first few hours despite the lack of success, just need to improve and stop scaring away the animals.

Caporegime
OP
you have to hit vital shots. a vital shot is a kill shot mainly on major organs. so you have to be precise. you can set the tracks to different colour for blood and other tracks so you dont get mixed up.

the more you will play the more you will understand. have fun and good luck.

Soldato
Another trick is to check the map after you have taken your shot, if there is a purple blotch where the animal was (hunting pressure) then the animal is dead and can be found at the center of the blotch. If the shot wasn't instantly fatal then the blotch may appear within a minute or two once the animal dies. If after a few minutes of tracking the blood from a minor hit the blotch doesn't appear then I give up as it's most likely a botched non fatal shot and the animal will survive. I don't normally bother tracking in these cases and don't normally loose out on my consecutive harvest bonus by following this strategy.

Associate
Those purple patches can also be extremely misleading. Don't take them as gospel. I've followed trails way outside of them and found an animal I shot ages ago. It's not a cut and dried thing.

I love this game. I really do. But in the early stages it can honestly do your head in at times.

Got the 338 now. Totally given up on 100% integrity. 1 shot. Buenas Noches.

Back
Top Bottom