*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Soldato
Thanks

Mine is a pulse 580 which I believe to be a standard 2 slot. That is near max for a atx psu to give the gpu room to get air in.

Sfx with a adapter that positions the psu at the bottom does give you a bit more room though.

Its a lovely case, i have the non window as well so sound padding all round. Cracking value at £55 new!

ah cool and i suppose with the design of the case an sfx probably be better suited anyways.

i was looking at the window version as i have rgb fans, just for a rough idea, what is the overall airflow/cooling performance as your version looks to have little venting? guess like the window version id imagine.

Associate
ah cool and i suppose with the design of the case an sfx probably be better suited anyways.

i was looking at the window version as i have rgb fans, just for a rough idea, what is the overall airflow/cooling performance as your version looks to have little venting? guess like the window version id imagine.

Its pretty decent to be honest, not amazing but not poor either. Vents are from the side of the front panel into the 140mm.

Then it’s straight through the case to the back exhaust 120mm fan. There is a moduvent on top which you can remove but I think its best left in for my config.

You have a few options though with room for 2 x 140mm in front, rads as well. Extra exhaust fans up top as well if required.

My main goal was small and quiet.

Temps are 1700 @ 3.8GHz 1.3v Full load under a Coolermaster 212 Black = 75c max

580 Full load = 80c max

All fans on silent mode and 580 on a custom silent curve.

Associate
^ Well, my wife had already purchased the H500 in white so I didn't want to seem like a copycat! :D I went with the H700 for the number of fans/radiators it can fit as I'm interested in going water cooled in the future (or at least getting an AIO for the GPU).

Associate
^ Well, my wife had already purchased the H500 in white so I didn't want to seem like a copycat! :D I went with the H700 for the number of fans/radiators it can fit as I'm interested in going water cooled in the future (or at least getting an AIO for the GPU).
Thanks for that I still stuck at which one to go for lol , but no rush

Associate
Waiting on a Louqe Ghost S1, but got hold of a Dan A4 v3 in the meantime.

For me the issue with the Dan has always been an appalling lack of decent CPU cooling options available, and any which can handle decent processors and OC's.
I therefore had a little play this morning to mock up a mod for the Dan, allowing me to fit A big Shuriken 2 Rev. B and a Noctua 12x25 fan into the Dan. this has a total height of 73mm, when the max cooler height for the Dan is 48mm, including Fan.

This allows me to OC the 9700k to 4.9 all cores no issues, and is silent expect when benching, even gaming it is hardly noticeable.

Have to see if I can get round to making this properly now.

9VZeq6Rh.jpg

OhkOJ92h.jpg

zxkiyrqh.jpg

PDqG7KSh.png.jpg

Associate
Refined my Dan A4 CPU cooling Mod a little further with parts I have in my toolbox -

1. Moved the acrylic panels 5mm closer together, gap now 15mm, better fitting the 25mm x 120mm fan
2. Replaced the fan grill with a heavier, flatter fan grill
3. Used screw covers I had to improve? the visuals..

Need to buy more parts to take this further. (and get some custom cables!!)

Specs are i7 9700k @4.9 all cores, EVGA XC 2080, 32GB Ram and 500gb NVME.

lj5UlLll.jpg

DmYakjBl.jpg

52DN6ixl.jpg

Soldato
Not long had this up and running, replaced an Evolv ATX that I stupidly dropped and wrecked.
Talk about spacious, I under estimated the size of the thing, properly monolithic and has the weight to live up to that term... Want to Hard tube it but the spec is still in a period of flux, I dont want to be swapping stuff out with Hardtube setup as it just seems like it would be a nightmare, as it stands I can move stuff about without having to properly drain the loop, but I dont suspect this would be as easy with hard tubes, but when things go firm its definitely something I want to do as I just prefer the aesthetics.

f7xFh0Yl.jpg
istCboql.jpg

Associate
@khemist looks much better now, the light bounces off of it much nicer

i like the subtle lighting too, just enough to light to case up but not so much that it turns your room into a nightclub :D

Back
Top Bottom