• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Man of Honour
£799! LOL! Man, the GPU market has become an absolute joke.

A card costing more than a 2080, that it doesn't beat, when the 2080 already received negative press everywhere for its price. What an absolute joke. I so wanted this card to work so I could get one, but these prices are ludicrous and out of principle, I ain't paying

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
£799! LOL! Man, the GPU market has become an absolute joke.

A card costing more than a 2080, that it doesn't beat, when the 2080 already received negative press everywhere for its price. What an absolute joke. I so wanted this card to work so I could get one, but these prices are ludicrous and out of principle, I ain't paying

It's 649 bro, 799 is for the Asus Strix model I assume.

Soldato
I'm sure these will be great performers, but I can't help but miss the days when the big guns (4870X2, 9800GX2) cost under £400. Over ten years ago now...blimey

Caporegime
I'm sure these will be great performers, but I can't help but miss the days when the big guns (4870X2, 9800GX2) cost under £400. Over ten years ago now...blimey

I don't think they are great performers though are they? I guess we'll know for sure shortly but I thought it's roughly 1080Ti level.

Soldato
There's that 7! Should have guessed it'd be an Asus one :D

muahahahahahahahah :D

I've been sat here in the virtual queue since 6am. :D

I thing i saw you snoring around 9am :D

So... between 7 seconds and 7 minutes then? Very good. :D

I see you have fun with number 7 today :D

I don't get the excitement about it, especially at that price. A beefed up Vega 64, lots of RAM and 1080Ti performance. For £650 it's 2 years late and at £800 it's awful.

Yet you allow Nvidia to go by using the exact same marketing with the RTX2080......

Let me remember what some Nvidia fans said few months back on this argument.....
Ahh yeah..... You pay for the performance....

Caporegime
I'm no Nvidia fan the 20xx series are stupidly poor value. I almost picked up a 2080 mispriced at £540 but didn't bother because even £100 off it was still crummy value.

Its sad to see AMD move to equal Nvidia for churning out the same old performance this Gen compared to what we've had for years now with no benefit in performance to cost ratio.

Associate
Looks tasty, and the first Gaming 7nm card...great to see AMD innovate and continue to find ways to be top of mind. Raytracing/DLSS sounds nice...7nm seems more immediate. Good Luck to all of you going for a Vega 7 card, looks like some great options with plenty of reasons to enjoy. Congrats to OCUK for having the best selection and options again...only one place to be if you're a serious enthusiast...on this forum!!

Soldato
Has anyone seen Buildzoid's break of the Radeon 7? Typical AMD.... Using material twice as expensive than Nvidia....

($100 cost to AMD just the core VRM chips only!!!!!!!)

Last edited:
Underboss
Looks tasty, and the first Gaming 7nm card...great to see AMD innovate and continue to find ways to be top of mind. Raytracing/DLSS sounds nice...7nm seems more immediate. Good Luck to all of you going for a Vega 7 card, looks like some great options with plenty of reasons to enjoy. Congrats to OCUK for having the best selection and options again...only one place to be if you're a serious enthusiast...on this forum!!

i think this is why AMD are not giving their cards to other parties to have aftermarket coolers put on these
and also doing a limited run
its like a Vega Special Edition Limited card

Back
Top Bottom