How can I stress test a video cable?

Soldato
I'm loving my new Acer Nitro and fibre-optic video cable, but I'm wondering how I can stress test my video cables and get quantifiable results, and I'm especially interested in comparing the fibre cable with my copper cables.

All I can really see right now is that it works and I don't get resync glitches.

Paging @Baddass and @Daniel - LG .

Soldato
I'm loving my new Acer Nitro and fibre-optic video cable, but I'm wondering how I can stress test my video cables and get quantifiable results, and I'm especially interested in comparing the fibre cable with my copper cables.

All I can really see right now is that it works and I don't get resync glitches.

Paging @Baddass and @Daniel - LG .

this is an interesting question one that i don't myself have the anwser for. However The fact that you aren't getting any glitches is great! im still struggling to find a good display port cable for a 1080p 240hz screen. I get some glitches on this when watching stuff like Netflix where half of the screen flashes grey for a split second. Im convinced it's down to a poor DP cable.

Also the only way i can think really of testing it is using a higher resolution and refresh rate outside of owning probably some expensive scientific equipment.

Soldato
I'd say testing basically involves pass/fail of resolutions and refresh rates. It'd then be rated up to X setting. I suppose it's worth testing with and without HDCP/whatever encryption is now used for stuff like Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom