Apex Legends BR

Soldato
I haven't enjoyed any BR games but this is smooth. I'm not good at it but it's enjoyable enough that I want to get better.

Some of the damage is inconsistent, 15+ hits from some guns but 1 shot from others can be frustrating.

Played one last night with some OCUKers where none of us had any ammo. I beast-alted into the building (2 other squads alive) where some guys had us pinned down from so I could use my shotgun but got 1 shot in the face before the door open animation had completed.

It's sometimes difficult to actually give an opinion on the guns I find due to the armour. You can go from thinking a gun is great to absolute turd in no time, just down to if your hitting headshots and if they have a helmet equipped.

Associate
It's really interesting. I used to run a clan and server during BF4.

I had 2 origin accounts with maxed out bf4 players (200). There would always be a good 20 to 30 players on each list playing BF4 but since bf1 and bf5 released i hardly saw any of them playing BF games.

Now that apex is out loads of them are playing it. It's crazy to think EA lost a lot of player base to one franchise only for them to jump on Apex.

I actually really enjoy it, i just suck at BR games :D

Soldato
great game - fights are awesome - really good/wild stuff.

I think a lot of big future games are going to have to look at this free to play option - people aren't going to pay £40/£50 for AAA titles that need patched/tweaked day 1 etc after this.

Soldato
Not enjoying this so far. Full health, tier 3 helmet and chest, 3 full shield bars too on top of that and I get 1 shotted by a triple threat = **** off game.

Balancing is pathetic

no you didn't - a triple shot does Maximum Shot Damage 69/Maximum Head Shot Damage 138.

So clearly you got hit more than that or you didn't actually have the helmet you said you had.

Helmet
Common - 30% Headshot Damage reduction
Rare - 40% Headshot Damage reduction
Epic - 50% Headshot Damage reduction
Legenedary - 50% Headshot Damage reduction

V F

V F

Soldato
great game - fights are awesome - really good/wild stuff.

I think a lot of big future games are going to have to look at this free to play option - people aren't going to pay £40/£50 for AAA titles that need patched/tweaked day 1 etc after this.

You mean paying £40 - £80 for most games that can be a buggy mess most of the time? Not all but too many.

Associate
Had a few good games with some OcUK'ers, managed a second place in a pretty intense game at the end. Unfortunately the other team had the high ground...

Weapons do need a bit of balancing but they've nailed the overall gun play, abilities and movement.

Caporegime
funny about ftp the studios have said for nearly 15 years all games in the future will go ftp. its only now some are realizing this lol.

Soldato
no you didn't - a triple shot does Maximum Shot Damage 69/Maximum Head Shot Damage 138.

So clearly you got hit more than that or you didn't actually have the helmet you said you had.

Helmet
Common - 30% Headshot Damage reduction
Rare - 40% Headshot Damage reduction
Epic - 50% Headshot Damage reduction
Legenedary - 50% Headshot Damage reduction

Why would I lie? I got 1 shotted lol. No other shots came at me before that, I just went from full health and shield to crawling on the floor in 1 round. Cam showed the triple shot spread

Associate
I really like this game. It needs some tweaks, but, coming from Fortnite where I farm for 15 minutes and get 1 tapped or planed, I have to say It's much better balanced. The fact you can res after been thirsted is really nice as well.

Associate
No, I didn't. In fact, I'd probably go as far as to say that you're the confused party here due to you not getting the reference.

Doh, it was late and I was half asleep :D I get it now, two metaphors in a subtle way to call someone stupid twice in one euphemism.

Anyhow, I am rather enjoying the game so far! and I don't usually like BR games.

Last edited:
Soldato
Coming from pubg to this..... i enjoy the gameplay, but it's not very tactical like pubg was. You can just run around like an idiot for the most part with zero planning.

I guess you can only compare the two from the BR side of things, and literally nothing else, so i need to stop doing that to enjoy the game more, rather than focusing on what it doesn't have over what i enjoyed previously. The Wingman and devotion weapons are RIDONKULOUS...

Back
Top Bottom