• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Also my proof from a few days ago..

sorry can't seem to embed from google drive:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PmldBAL8W_9Zjzsyyd7l1gQ-KD8nQ2TZ

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

wnI9JSp.png

Date 11/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Colzy, Link
Date 09/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, artur_k, Link
Date 09/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Dicehunter, Link
Date 09/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Illuminist, Link
Date 09/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, vapor matt, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, spook2575, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, L-Digital82, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Uzu, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, drskiba, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, nashathedog, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Chud_Jenny, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Bloot, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Vince, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, zoffster1, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, FordneyMcCumber, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Vish Petrol, Link
Date 08/02/2019, Make AMD Reference, Dave2150, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon VII.

Soldato
I
Morning all!
Just reading through whats been said over night.
When you run DDU in safe mode it removes the Graphics drivers but at the same time the Chipset driver too! It doesn't remove the chipset in normal windows mode.
So step 1 would be DDU in safe mode.
2: Back into windows, https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470 install chipset driver and restart.
3: https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...amd-radeon-2nd-generation-vega/amd-radeon-vii install that on custom and restart.

At this point you should on paper have a good set of drivers.

I'd do your bios too: X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING looking at your info.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING-rev-10#support-dl-bios
F6.

Another thing people more than likely are not aware of since Vega is how the card reacts after a hard lock crash. They do a UEFI boot now so after a crash a normal restart isn't good enough. You need to power the system down, as in flick the PSU switch off or at the wall and empty the caps of power (press the power botton with the power off). It stops issues.
Already have the latest bios, I did install the chipset, then the drivers instantly I got strange lines on the screen and games still crash

Associate
Is there a way of stopping Memory auto overclock from bumping the clocks too high? It sets mine at 1273MHz and the games are crashing. I'd like to try around 1200.:confused:

Associate
Only in Windows and not in benchmarks and only randomly sometimes every minute then sometimes nothing for an hour

I'm going to try a fresh Windows install today and if it doesn't help I'm RMA without a doubt

Sounds like a plan. I know it'll be stable from before, but have you clocked back the 2700x (e.g. to stock) just to give the system's stability a bit more headroom?

Man of Honour
Only in Windows and not in benchmarks and only randomly sometimes every minute then sometimes nothing for an hour

I'm going to try a fresh Windows install today and if it doesn't help I'm RMA without a doubt

When I get home (about an hour) and if amd have sorted my code I'm gonna stream some re2 so you can show me what happens.

Soldato
Sounds like a plan. I know it'll be stable from before, but have you clocked back the 2700x (e.g. to stock) just to give the system's stability a bit more headroom?
Yeah I tried putting the ram to looser timings and lowering the CPU clocks also... I'm going to re install windows right now, will report back in a little moment.
@Gibbo Just a wild shot in the dark , do you know anything about the problem the 3 of us + are having here?

Associate
I'd try taking your monitor out of the equation, stick the system on a TV with HDMI or another monitor if you have one. I've experience awful screen blinking in the past when I had a r9 295x2. That was down to the driver.

Soldato
I have reinstalled windows now, and installed the chipset drivers only for my motherboard about to install the gpu driver and then saw this ...
ewaEnbr.jpg

It says its already installed 19.2.1 . But there is no adrenaline interface, yet I can run games fine there is no glitches.
So confused right now. Do I install this one for the gpu?

Associate
I was confused by this too. I did it the other way round though: I installed the radeon driver first (which gives me all the right programs) and then when I tried the chipset it was older drivers... so i didn't do it.

I've no idea if I should install chipset drivers or not or if it will bork the radeon drivers.

Man of Honour
I have reinstalled windows now, and installed the chipset drivers only for my motherboard about to install the gpu driver and then saw this ...
ewaEnbr.jpg

It says its already installed 19.2.1 . But there is no adrenaline interface, yet I can run games fine there is no glitches.
So confused right now. Do I install this one for the gpu?

I clicked on the downloaded driver on the right, then selected clean install. Worked a charm.

Back
Top Bottom