Coming out of hibernation?

Soldato
So then, for those of us who put away our rides over Winter - who is ready to get them back out?

With this mild week, I am quite tempted to get the RS back onto the road - hopefully the temps will just rise now, and we can kiss goodbye to frost and ice of a morning!

:D

Soldato
I ride all year round and can tell you it's still pretty nasty out there :p Roads are still covered in salt and standing water most mornings.

Soldato
Yep, rose all winter and it's still very minging up here.

Hasn't been washed since early November so you can imagine the state it's in! It was professionally washed and acf50'd then so all should be good.

Soldato
Still too much salt and crud on the roads for me at the moment. I'm seriously missing it at the moment. I've resorted to examining routes on all the different trips I'm doing this year, fiddling with equipment and occasional periods just standing still staring at my bike.

Soldato
OP
Couldn't resist. Got her prepped last night, with a torch in my mouth :D and rode in this morning.

The roads weren't great, but it felt good to blow the cobwebs out, last ride was when I fitted the end can in December; and that was just an hour or so.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Been lovely the past 2 days, so I rode mine to work again.

Had to wash the lining in my helmet, gloves and jacket though... they'd been in the shed since December and gone mouldy :eek:

Soldato
I've been riding to work this week. I got caught out this morning on the way home though.
13c on the way in at 3pm. -3c on the way home at 2am.
Think it should be better for todays commute.

Man of Honour
We have had great weather this weekend so all of the fair weather brigade were out riding like absolute nipples, probably thinking they were riding like legends.

Man of Honour
In the last couple of days there's been loads of bikes on my commute and all of them 18/68 plates, true fair weather warriors with their brand spanking bikes...I'm not jealous. Not even a little bit. Ok maybe just a bit.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I welcome enthusiastic bikers enjoying the fine weather but there is a distinct difference between the competent fair weather warriors who take it easy for a while until they are up to scratch, and those who after 5 months of hibernation think they can ride on the roads like Michael Dunlop. There have been loads of the latter in the past few days. It was a busy weekend on the blood runs, probably to keep the pilots of the latter alive after they all came off!

And yes I am very jealous of their sparkly 68 plate £20k bikes. My bike is not worthy :p

Soldato
OP
Took mine out on Saturday - rode like a nipple :)D) but when the road was pretty much empty, and within NSLs.

Took the Wife and the puppers to Weymouth on Sunday (by car :(), and I was shocked with some of the riders we saw - one of the highlights, was on the new(ish) bypass into Weymouth; we had a white 848 Ducati flying towards us (in our lane!), just to get past the queues :eek: Of course I gave the guy room, but what a complete *****! Add to that, a bunch of really dodgy overtakes on corners, as riders played catch-up with their lead rider; rather than just wait and catch up safely.

Back
Top Bottom