theHunter: Call of the Wild

Soldato
Ive had this game since the beginning and to be honest it hasnt grabbed me really. I havent played it for quite some time.

I see there has been tonnes of updates and new levels etc. Do you lot recommend any DLC i must buy, DLC you consider not to be missed ? Like a new level or something.

Also, is it best to play this with absolutely no hints / help / assists at all ?

Finally (sorry), any sweetfx / reshade you recommend ?

Sorry for the multiple questions, i feel like i want to get into this game when i want to chill out, im just finding it a bit meh as it is.

Associate
Got bored of being gored anytime I got anywhere near by the totally mental buffalo in Vurhonga. Bullets just bounce off and you die. Crazy.

So I started Medved and have been really enjoying the missions there. Commentary is fun and the whole thing just seems so much more doable.

Much more like it.

Even taking that photo of the Lynx. Took a while and it was a challenge, but laying prone on the top of a big rock and calling it in? Downwind.

Smile!

Boom.

ByeBye Pussycat.

Last edited:
Associate
In my game they are hunting "me" down. 3 or 4 of 'em at a time. There is no escaping.

I've given up with the shotgun and .357. Crossbow and .338 from now on.

Soldato
Ive had this game since the beginning and to be honest it hasnt grabbed me really. I havent played it for quite some time.

I see there has been tonnes of updates and new levels etc. Do you lot recommend any DLC i must buy, DLC you consider not to be missed ? Like a new level or something.

Also, is it best to play this with absolutely no hints / help / assists at all ?

Finally (sorry), any sweetfx / reshade you recommend ?

Sorry for the multiple questions, i feel like i want to get into this game when i want to chill out, im just finding it a bit meh as it is.

Any of you kind fellows able to answer ?

Soldato
Ive had this game since the beginning.....it hasnt grabbed me really.......Do you lot recommend any DLC............Also, is it best to play this with absolutely no hints / help / assists at all...........Finally (sorry), any sweetfx / reshade you recommend.......im just finding it a bit meh as it is.
From your post I've got to start out by saying this game may not be for you, the DLC's pretty much just add more of the same experience with a change of scenery and animals, they don't change the nature or style of the game. I don't find the game hand-holdy at all, if you follow the missions they will endeavor to teach you the basics, you don't have to follow them if you don't want to, but they are worth it for the XP so you can upgrade your kit faster. Graphics wise I like running at 4K which is just about doable with my 1070, the game is gorgeous enough not to warrant messing around with shaders IMHO. Watch some of Flinter's beginners videos to see if they inspire you to have another go then maybe re-asses if you want to put more time and money into the game.

Soldato
Thank you for the reply and do you know what you are probably right. I suppose in a way im trying to find a way of enjoying it more. I might give it another go and do the missions properly.

Associate
If a game isn't for you. It isn't for you.

Be a boring old world if everyone did and thought the same.

Personally I'm still loving it. Yeah there are some very annoying glitches but as a whole. It's my kind of fun.

Soldato
From your post I've got to start out by saying this game may not be for you, the DLC's pretty much just add more of the same experience with a change of scenery and animals, they don't change the nature or style of the game. I don't find the game hand-holdy at all, if you follow the missions they will endeavor to teach you the basics, you don't have to follow them if you don't want to, but they are worth it for the XP so you can upgrade your kit faster. Graphics wise I like running at 4K which is just about doable with my 1070, the game is gorgeous enough not to warrant messing around with shaders IMHO. Watch some of Flinter's beginners videos to see if they inspire you to have another go then maybe re-asses if you want to put more time and money into the game.
What sort of FPS do you get at 4K and what settings mate.

With a 2070 on africa map I average 45fps at 1440p ultra.

Associate
Looks amazing. A definite buy. It's some engine this game has.

Never been to Sweden.

Thanks for the heads up.

Soldato
What sort of FPS do you get at 4K and what settings mate. With a 2070 on africa map I average 45fps at 1440p ultra.
FPS is normally about 45 maybe a bit lower but game runs very smoothly, 1070 is well cooled so GPU clock doesn't go below 2100.
Shadows: High
Terrain Detail: Ultra
Scene Complexity: Ultra
Water Quality: Ultra
Texture Resolution: Ultra
Volume Fog: Off
Fur Quality: High
Anisotropic Filtering: Off
SSAO: On
Motion Blur: Off
Screen Space Reflection: On
Global Illumination: Off
Heat Haze: Off
Anti Aliasing: FXAA

Caporegime
OP
4k ideally you want a 1080ti with decent settings . graphics turn the aa to just FXAA , Heat haze off. motion blur off. gives probably the best cleanest look to the game. it is a very new engine so high res with trimmings on you need good hardware.

generation zero just cause 4 also use this engine.

Back
Top Bottom