The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

fez

fez

Caporegime
I doubt its Oles decision at all. He doesn't have the job full time and this sort of thing will be decided from a business standpoint for the most part. Even if Ole didn't want him we probably would have done this I imagine.

Soldato
I doubt its Oles decision at all. He doesn't have the job full time and this sort of thing will be decided from a business standpoint for the most part. Even if Ole didn't want him we probably would have done this I imagine.
Yeah true, but he’s probably got a say in terms of saying he’s improving, he’s good for the dressing room etc etc and is probably seen as a cheap player known player.

Soldato
Yeah true, but he’s probably got a say in terms of saying he’s improving, he’s good for the dressing room etc etc and is probably seen as a cheap player known player.

He's known to be utter **** though! Why not sign him up for 2 years if that's the case, why 4?

Soldato
Surely it just makes it harder to get rid of him unless he takes a huge pay cut?

I would suspect there is no massive desire to get rid though. Fine as a squad player or slightly more, still at an ok age and if he does end up leaving at least we will get a fee. I cant imagine we are paying him crazy money (although who knows?)

fez

fez

Caporegime
I would suspect there is no massive desire to get rid though. Fine as a squad player or slightly more, still at an ok age and if he does end up leaving at least we will get a fee. I cant imagine we are paying him crazy money (although who knows?)

I don't know. If you have top players who are a bit injury prone thats not the end of the world. Having backup players that are injury prone seems silly. Hes never truly been first choice and we have to have another back up defender because when the first choice ones are injured there is a good chance Jones is as well.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ultimately you have to assume that in the summer we are going to spend a fair bit of money on a CB and probably a RB.

That leaves us with Lindelof, Jones, Smalling, Bailly and a new first choice CB for 2 places. Rojo must be off and I would hope Jones is as well. 4 CBs for 2 positions is fine. If you have 3 injuries thats really unlucky and you are probably as well off playing an academy player there.

Soldato
Ultimately you have to assume that in the summer we are going to spend a fair bit of money on a CB and probably a RB.

That leaves us with Lindelof, Jones, Smalling, Bailly and a new first choice CB for 2 places. Rojo must be off and I would hope Jones is as well. 4 CBs for 2 positions is fine. If you have 3 injuries thats really unlucky and you are probably as well off playing an academy player there.

Personally I would sell two of Rojo, Jones and Smalling (for whatever we can get in a reasonably quick sale) and then promote Tuanzebe and give him significant game time.

Soldato
Lingard and Martial out for 2-3 weeks... season (top 4) over.
top four chase is by no means over because Arsenal and Chelsea are so inconsistent currently - even if Utd can get points at CP at the end of the month we will be there or there abouts ….would have been good to at least be competitive against Liverpool next weekend but losing both of those two does make that very unlikely.

Sees the £3.8bn takeover headlines have returned but with very little substance ….wonder if the media had this timed to be printed with Ole's first loss lol

Caporegime
I hope those takeover rumours are false. The Glaziers are one thing but a terrorist endorsing murderer is not who I would want to own Utd :p.

Soldato
I hope those takeover rumours are false. The Glaziers are one thing but a terrorist endorsing murderer is not who I would want to own Utd :p.
the first thing the EPL should look at during a takeover is whether the "new" owners can actually afford to buy the club in the first place.

Fair enough - two wrongs don't make a right, but its also sickening seeing the club in so much debt year after year just because some family who couldn't afford it in the first place wanted to buy a football club and get a lot richer ( relatively quickly) without putting any real money in the first place

fez

fez

Caporegime
the first thing the EPL should look at during a takeover is whether the "new" owners can actually afford to buy the club in the first place.

Fair enough - two wrongs don't make a right, but its also sickening seeing the club in so much debt year after year just because some family who couldn't afford it in the first place wanted to buy a football club and get a lot richer ( relatively quickly) without putting any real money in the first place

Its absurd but welcome to the way people make vasts sums off other peoples backs. This is how people have huge property portfolios despite earning average salaries. Buy something, make someone else pay for it until you own it and then sell it and make masses of money.

Back
Top Bottom