PS4 Ejecting Discs?

DHR

DHR

Soldato
I have one of the original ps4s, it's had practically no use, played through the order on it and a bit of project cars years ago and that's it. It's not even been sat in standby.

The other half has wanted to play kingdom hearts for a while so we set it up again yesterday.

It was fine for about an hour, then it started to eject discs by itself? Can't even get the game to boot this evening.

Has anyone overcome this problem? Annoyed as it'd hardly had any use at all!

Soldato
I ended up disabling the eject button on mine and my brothers it got so annoying, have to take the thing to bits to do so, though it's as simple as throwing a bit of insulation tape on the contact between the button and the pcb once you have it open.

Soldato
Classic PS4? Not Pro?

There's an issue when one of the feet underneath is on an uneven surface and it presses onto the eject button or something isn't there?

Sorry for being vague, I only remember this fact from a few years ago.

Caporegime
Classic PS4? Not Pro?

There's an issue when one of the feet underneath is on an uneven surface and it presses onto the eject button or something isn't there?

Sorry for being vague, I only remember this fact from a few years ago.

Or there was another issue with static building up on certain surfaces (a glass table comes to mind) which was activating the eject button as it's so close to the bottom of the console.

Back
Top Bottom