Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I like the aero on the a45. Looks bland without it

Agree looks alright and makes it stand out a bit.

I imagine the aero on it is mostly for cosmetic purposes? I’ve been looking at what parts you can get on the M2, carbon lip spoiler, carbon rear diffuser and little things for the sideskirts etc.

I can’t believe they would provide any aerodynamic benefits to the car really.

Man of Honour
Agree looks alright and makes it stand out a bit.

I imagine the aero on it is mostly for cosmetic purposes? I’ve been looking at what parts you can get on the M2, carbon lip spoiler, carbon rear diffuser and little things for the sideskirts etc.

I can’t believe they would provide any aerodynamic benefits to the car really.

I'd imagine if designed correctly it would have a 5-10% effect on MPG at highway speeds, slapping one on indiscriminately probably doesn't achieve much. There is a noticeable effect on MPG on my pickup with the cover fitted.

Soldato
I'd imagine if designed correctly it would have a 5-10% effect on MPG at highway speeds, slapping one on indiscriminately probably doesn't achieve much. There is a noticeable effect on MPG on my pickup with the cover fitted.

As in worse yeah? Better designed means you take away similar levels of lift for reduced drag. Eg. Idea of canards is to keep the nose down, nothing to do with mpg.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Finally weather good enough to give the new car a proper clean.

My first black car and I can't believe how badly they show every speck of dirt :(
My first car was black and I said never again. I’m now on my third black car :(

Looks great when clean but swirls and every speck of dirt/stone chip can be seen from the moon.

Shame it appears to be the most popular colour choice for pretty much everything these days...

Soldato
My first car was black and I said never again. I’m now on my third black car :(

Looks great when clean but swirls and every speck of dirt/stone chip can be seen from the moon.

Shame it appears to be the most popular colour choice for pretty much everything these days...

Have to say it does look great when clean, but then within even hours you can see the layer of dust starting to build up :p

Oh well, all the more reason to spend some money on detailing products :)

Caporegime
I think everyone is missing the bigger picture here: canard wings on a small hatchback.

U wot m8.

1280px-Peugeot_Talbot_Sport_205_T16_%2828504430670%29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom