*** Show us your bikes! ***

Man of Honour
I did test the MT-09 when they were doing a tour of their new lineup. I loved the engine but found the suspension a bit too bouncy, also at the time the throttle had a bit of play. But I think that since got resolved. Lovely sounding bikes too!

Reevu looks really interesting, I want to try one on though before committing which may be an issue. The KTM already feels like a big beefy mountain bike as is, so might as well get rid of the mirrors too :p

Soldato
Not ridden in 18 months, previous bikes were sport bikes and were stolen.. :(
Now have my own garage, just picked up a KTM 950 Supermoto. Seat is a bit higher than I'm accustomed to, 1 foot down at the lights from now on!
First impressions are that it's gonna be a lot of fun which is all I want from it, will be a weekend toy for the most part.
I need to sort some new mirrors as the current ones are naff, might just run none at all though. Anyone tried that?
Also need to see if I can sort new decals for the tank as the other side is bubbling quite a bit (plastic tank).

cCmVUJE.jpg

Oh and by far the best sounding bike I've had :cool:

Used to get passed by one of these, when driving to work - sounded amazing!

Soldato
urVcDu3.jpg
Bought from a dealer - 2001 Sprint RS.

It's in good condition, except the first application of the back brake (literally the first time I touched it!) has seized it immediately. Need to service the calliper, clean the crud out.

I'm surprised they got it through a brand new MOT with that problem....

Transmission breaker
Don
My new project 125 :)

CBR125Rnew1.jpg

CBR125Rnew2.jpg

Lots to do, should be fun!

its the 2005 CBR 125 R RS5 apparently.. Some of the best fun you can have with under 15hp, or at least I hope :D

Soldato
That's beautiful, bet it's a lot of fun to ride!

It's a hell of a lot of fun - although tbh it comes with the quirks of an Aprilia (no dealers near, it drinks like a fish and valve jobs are tear-inducing). It's not fantastic under 30mph really - the fuelling's a bit weird and can be a bit jerky at low speeds, which it seems can't be cured with remapping as it seems it shuts off injectors with minimal throttle decrease at low speeds (presumably to meet euro 4 emissions targets). The engine is a gem though, it picks up anywhere and in any gear, the grunt is grin-inducing, and the electronics, quickshifter and blipper on it are brilliant.

I was a bit sceptical about the claims of how much carbon wheels affect the handling, acceleration, suspension and braking, but the wheels have absolutely transformed the handling. It already handled really well, but the bst wheels (plus lighter rotor and sprocket) have taken 1.5kg rotating mass off the front wheel and 3.5kg off the back, and it's now quicker to accelerate and feels very nearly as flickable as my street triple despite still weighing around 15-20kg more. :)

Soldato
It's a hell of a lot of fun - although tbh it comes with the quirks of an Aprilia (no dealers near, it drinks like a fish and valve jobs are tear-inducing). It's not fantastic under 30mph really - the fuelling's a bit weird and can be a bit jerky at low speeds, which it seems can't be cured with remapping as it seems it shuts off injectors with minimal throttle decrease at low speeds (presumably to meet euro 4 emissions targets). The engine is a gem though, it picks up anywhere and in any gear, the grunt is grin-inducing, and the electronics, quickshifter and blipper on it are brilliant.

I was a bit sceptical about the claims of how much carbon wheels affect the handling, acceleration, suspension and braking, but the wheels have absolutely transformed the handling. It already handled really well, but the bst wheels (plus lighter rotor and sprocket) have taken 1.5kg rotating mass off the front wheel and 3.5kg off the back, and it's now quicker to accelerate and feels very nearly as flickable as my street triple despite still weighing around 15-20kg more. :)

Pics look like Theatford forest.

Soldato
It's not fantastic under 30mph really - the fuelling's a bit weird and can be a bit jerky at low speeds, which it seems can't be cured with remapping as it seems it shuts off injectors with minimal throttle decrease at low speeds (presumably to meet euro 4 emissions targets).

I know it's made for hooning, but that would bug the hell out of me. Get it remapped somewhere reputable, you'll benefit all-round, except your wallet of course.

Soldato
I know it's made for hooning, but that would bug the hell out of me. Get it remapped somewhere reputable, you'll benefit all-round, except your wallet of course.

It's not as bad as I perhaps made out, it's fine for city riding or commuting potentially, but the throttle response/fuelling under 30 is not anywhere near as good as my street triple.

It's got the aprilia race map done atm, but from what I can gather from owners forum members experiences remapping doesn't 100% fix it. I've got a spare ecu that I'll send off to a very well-regarded tuner to flash his map to swap over to when the warranty's coming to an end.

Back
Top Bottom