Fashionable to be late - classic games you've just played

Soldato
I never finished Zelda Wind Waker, and as a guy who always refuses to play games unless I've done them in order. This has meant I've not played a Zelda since.

So the plans for me are to make my way through all Zelda games Wind Waker upto Breath of the Wild :)

Dont need to go back any further back, I completed the others

Associate
Just picked up the Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for £8. Never played any of the AC games before so this seems like a reasonable place to start.

Not sure if it's necessary to go through the first game beforehand to get an idea of what's going on?

Associate
Just picked up the Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for £8. Never played any of the AC games before so this seems like a reasonable place to start.

Not sure if it's necessary to go through the first game beforehand to get an idea of what's going on?
You don't really need any prior knowledge of the story to follow along with any of the Assassin's Creed games, they're all fairly self contained with some referencing to older games but nothing critical that you must to know in order to complete the game.

I'd say Ezio's story is one of the better ones to start with, it's one of the more interesting plots and has some of the more likeable characters.

Soldato
I've done the same. A few months back played the first 3 in the series. Not as tough or as pretty to look at from memory of early Xbox days but still decent games.

Worst of the 3 I think was Pandora Tomorrow. I've now finished up to Double Agent. I think Double Agent had some good ideas and the game could have been great if it was for how clunky the game felt and the endless bugs. Being on PC, I obviously changed the game to fit my resolution, but in turn this can create constant crashes and even messes the game up so much that I was unable to activate the final cutscene. I like the decision making aspect of the game but the game was just messy overall.

I'm now on Conviction and boy I wasn't ready for this. This game feels like it promotes killing everyone you come across. Movement is stupidly accelerated, doesn't feel like a game to sneak in like the previous games, the new cover system just adds to the idea of eliminating everyone. I'm not a fan of how they have changed the game.

Soldato
I am trying to convince myself to complete The Last of Us. Everyone seems to think it is the best game ever but I just find it slow.

I completed E-Something Journey to the West in 2018 on my xbox 360. Still looks great due to the bright colours!

Also I'm playing Zelda the Minish Cap on my DS. My first Zelda game.

Associate
OP

Tried a few times with the very first game and got real bored. I usually buy games on special so I have pretty much every AC but still to dive in the series.

Soldato
I am trying to convince myself to complete The Last of Us. Everyone seems to think it is the best game ever but I just find it slow.

I completed E-Something Journey to the West in 2018 on my xbox 360. Still looks great due to the bright colours!

Also I'm playing Zelda the Minish Cap on my DS. My first Zelda game.

Yeah TLOU is a mixed bag for me. Its left me with some amazing memories but I remember playing it felt clunky AF and it is very very very very very linear. Like to the extent where you must place THIS specific ladder on THIS specific part of the building linear. Although the story is first class, sound and graphics are first class, general idea scope and execution are excellent; it can't be a 10 for me because it fundamentally lacks as a GAME.

Associate
I've played most of them and I still don't know what's going on. I wouldn't worry about it! :p

You don't really need any prior knowledge of the story to follow along with any of the Assassin's Creed games, they're all fairly self contained with some referencing to older games but nothing critical that you must to know in order to complete the game.

I'd say Ezio's story is one of the better ones to start with, it's one of the more interesting plots and has some of the more likeable characters.

Thanks guys. There's been a couple of references to the first game but nothing major so no big deal missing out on it.

Tried a few times with the very first game and got real bored. I usually buy games on special so I have pretty much every AC but still to dive in the series.

I'm starting to find the second game a bit tedious now. Every mission is a case of go somewhere, murder someone and run away before the guards get you. There's a few optional missions that make no sense whatsoever as well. Why the hell would a top assassin go and beat up someone that is being unfaithful to his wife? Combat is very simplistic as well, you can block and counter your way to victory in the majority of fights.

Back
Top Bottom