What to do with undesirables

Soldato
Well I've got to agree with Shamima Begum on the News this evening when she asked why is she being treated differently to the hundreds who have already returned.
"Is it because I was on the News four years ago?".
She has a point.

Not for me, They ALL shouldn't have been allowed to return - EVER!

Also, most of those got back themselves, they didn't beg for help to return. Also none, to my knowledge, didn't go out of their way to be obnoxious - and that's being polite.

She's made her bed, now she has got to go and lay down in it.

Soldato
I see a vulnerable and easily led 15 year old girl who made some bad choices. She appears at least emotionally damaged if not mentally.

Its true that choices have consequences but I am interested to know why her case is objectively different from others. Media attention perhaps? Or maybe because there is more to the story than is being reported?

She may well be an enemy of the state but she may well be just a damaged young woman looking to come home. In the abscence of dual citizenship she is still our problem though (I believe Bangladesh has denied she is one of theirs?). We cannot make an example of her at the cost of breaking the civilised laws we spend so much time celebrating.

Yes it sticks in the throat and yes I wish it was not a problem we had but this is the price we pay for being a civilised nation. The rules are the rules. Due process must prevail.

Of course there will need to be conditions. But if we stoop to knee jerk and savage treatment of her in absence of the full facts and due process we are no better than the enemies we condemn.

Permabanned
Bizarre that someone expects to return to a country that she went to war against and expects to be welcomed with open arms and freebies. but even sadder that we are seen as such a soft touch by this warmonger bint.

Permabanned
I see a vulnerable and easily led 15 year old girl who made some bad choices. She appears at least emotionally damaged if not mentally.

Its true that choices have consequences but I am interested to know why her case is objectively different from others. Media attention perhaps? Or maybe because there is more to the story than is being reported?

She may well be an enemy of the state but she may well be just a damaged young woman looking to come home. In the abscence of dual citizenship she is still our problem though (I believe Bangladesh has denied she is one of theirs?). We cannot make an example of her at the cost of breaking the civilised laws we spend so much time celebrating.

Yes it sticks in the throat and yes I wish it was not a problem we had but this is the price we pay for being a civilised nation. The rules are the rules. Due process must prevail.

Of course there will need to be conditions. But if we stoop to knee jerk and savage treatment of her in absence of the full facts and due process we are no better than the enemies we condemn.

Are you clearing the spare room and adding a cot? If not I suggest you don't impose your pseudo morality on the rest of us. You sound like Ed Balls and his wife, full of wind bag good intent, but at the finale leaving it for others to carry...

Soldato
Are you clearing the spare room and adding a cot? If not I suggest you don't impose your pseudo morality on the rest of us. You sound like Ed Balls and his wife, full of wind bag good intent, but at the finale leaving it for others to carry...

Pseudo morality? That is what you got from my post?

If you think I am able to impose anything on anyone then im afraid you have grossly over estimated my power.

Being angry and wanting a certain outcome does not change the facts. We are a nation built on laws. Sometimes they mean we have to entertain unsavoury outcomes.

Like it or not, she is likely to come home.

I cant say I am happy about it. Nor am I happy that the tax man takes a chunk of my wages every month. But thats the price we pay. Due process must prevail - people fought wars so that we may have it.

I find it ironic that you live under the protection of a civilised state but want to see the same 'justice' imposed on her as you would expect from IS.

Perhaps you should move to Syria and find the justice you seek?

Otherwise I suggest you wake up to the facts and stop being naive.

Caporegime
Pseudo morality? That is what you got from my post?

If you think I am able to impose anything on anyone then im afraid you have grossly over estimated my power.

Being angry and wanting a certain outcome does not change the facts. We are a nation built on laws. Sometimes they mean we have to entertain unsavoury outcomes.

Like it or not, she is likely to come home.

I cant say I am happy about it. Nor am I happy that the tax man takes a chunk of my wages every month. But thats the price we pay. Due process must prevail - people fought wars so that we may have it.

I find it ironic that you live under the protection of a civilised state but want to see the same 'justice' imposed on her as you would expect from IS.

Perhaps you should move to Syria and find the justice you seek?

Otherwise I suggest you wake up to the facts and stop being naive.
I would watch this fil ... hey, wait a minute! <:mad:>

Soldato
To answer the general question,

I am sure we could do a deal with Kim.

I am sure that there is plenty of demand for workers in the fields in the DPRK!

Alternatively, A Penal Coal mine in Svarlbad would work for me, we have a treaty right to mine coal there and it would keep them well out of everybody elses way. We could pack off all our Lifers and three-time-losers too!

:cool: :D

Soldato
Bizarre that someone expects to return to a country that she went to war against and expects to be welcomed with open arms and freebies. but even sadder that we are seen as such a soft touch by this warmonger bint.

And to be fair she isn't wrong, there are a bunch of morons saying to let her back in lol......

She ticks all the minority boxes, non-white, Muslim and female.

Soldato
It's honestly quite sad seeing how many people are jumping to her defence on social media. You have to ask just what someone has to do to be shunned by society if joining a terrorist organisation doens't quite cut it.

Soldato
Black, white, pink, purple - all are welcome in the UK as far as I am concerned.

The exception to this are folk like this woman. I don't want someone who hates this country living here.

Soldato
OP
Black, white, pink, purple - all are welcome in the UK as far as I am concerned.

The exception to this are folk like this woman. I don't want someone who hates this country living here.
plenty living here already , hate this country. I would like to see those people gone also, if you hate this country and its way of life....... LEAVE

AMG

AMG

Soldato
This is a very tricky situation.

I read originally that she is British born and only has...sorry had British citizenship - The home office does have the right to revoke it in public interest but international law states you we can't make someone stateless...Unless the home office knows a clause within that rule..

Got to be honest here I too like the fact that he done, I really do.. As its the most ideal to the tax payer, but it will never stick...

Ultimately with her stateless, who is going to punish her for her crimes. She is pretty much free right now, if you can call it that.

Her child needs to be taken away from her and put up for adoption away from the influence of her and her family, its not his fault his mother is a ****.

She does indeed have a point regarding her treatment we haven't exactly treated her the same as terrorist's that actually picked up arms.. Maybe we should sling them out too :p

Just my thoughts

Soldato
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/04/13/shamima-begum-cruel-enforcer-isils-morality-police-say-syrian
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...a-morality-police-suicide-belts-a8869016.html

hamima Begum, the Bethnal Green schoolgirl, served in the Islamic State’s “morality police” and also tried to recruit other young women to join the jihadist group, well-placed sources have told The Telegraph.

She was allowed to carry a Kalashnikov rifle and earned a reputation as a strict “enforcer” of Isil’s laws, such as dress codes for women, sources claimed.

B4R4GrP.png

Man of Honour
It's honestly quite sad seeing how many people are jumping to her defence on social media. You have to ask just what someone has to do to be shunned by society if joining a terrorist organisation doens't quite cut it.

Using the "wrong" Magic Words while having the "wrong" biological traits. Writing something years ago that can now be portrayed out of context as a now unfashionable form of prejudice (whether it was or not doesn't matter) while having the "wrong" biological traits.

Man of Honour
Australia?

Aside from the fact that Australia is not a British Territory, but lightly connected to U.K. through the British Commonwealth, what have they done to deserve having someone that no one wants, dumped on them?
This of course ignores the fact that the Aussies would use a slightly less polite form of saying, “Gee thanks U.K., but I don’t think so.”

Caporegime
Aside from the fact that Australia is not a British Territory, but lightly connected to U.K. through the British Commonwealth, what have they done to deserve having someone that no one wants, dumped on them?
This of course ignores the fact that the Aussies would use a slightly less polite form of saying, “Gee thanks U.K., but I don’t think so.”

Somebody missed the joke.

Back
Top Bottom