Road Cycling

Soldato
Weather looks positively chipper for weekend, timely as I'm doing this:

https://www.the-rawlinson-bracket.co.uk

First event of 2019. Strava says I'm neither fit not fresh, but **** it - I just wanna get out into the open air and get some miles in the legs.

Treated myself to a Castelli Transparente 4 (snagged for £75) - it's like a Gabba, but for Spring time (10c to 18c).

What you ladies up to the weekend? :)

Soldato
Friend of mine is doing the above sportif also.

I’m wondering if I should glue a new front tyre on my tubulars.

I have a CX Evo3 that’s pretty knackered, and a conti giro I think I’ll stick on. I’ll have two so-so new tyres glued up then which I’ll use through the spring then maybe put something lighter/faster on in June/July.

Might enter a Saturday TT first weekend in March, have to decide today. Firstly I have to fit a 60cm frame in a Fiat 500, and secondly the forecast is a bit mixed. Not a course I have ridden before either and no time to scope it out!

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Friend of mine is doing the above sportif also.

I’m wondering if I should glue a new front tyre on my tubulars.

I have a CX Evo3 that’s pretty knackered, and a conti giro I think I’ll stick on. I’ll have two so-so new tyres glued up then which I’ll use through the spring then maybe put something lighter/faster on in June/July.

Might enter a Saturday TT first weekend in March, have to decide today. Firstly I have to fit a 60cm frame in a Fiat 500, and secondly the forecast is a bit mixed. Not a course I have ridden before either and no time to scope it out!

Whipped the tyre off, glue had dried in a few places, I think probably got air/water in over the past few years so it’s for the best.

Got my Conti Giro stretching now and will get gluing tomorrow, I have one tube which might be enough, usually get 3-4 coats per tube, it’s a little patchy but I’ll probably just clean it up and glue over the top.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Weather looks positively chipper for weekend, timely as I'm doing this:

https://www.the-rawlinson-bracket.co.uk

First event of 2019. Strava says I'm neither fit not fresh, but **** it - I just wanna get out into the open air and get some miles in the legs.

Treated myself to a Castelli Transparente 4 (snagged for £75) - it's like a Gabba, but for Spring time (10c to 18c).

Loving this mild weather :cool:

Smashing it up at the loops tonight.

Had to be done, a guy crashed on the first lap so I thought **** this on a drag and 20 became 7 which was much, much safer.

https://strava.app.link/nKNay4ZavU

Hasn't been warmer than -7C since last weekend and currently snowing. Haven't ridden since Sunday :(

Associate
So after losing a shed load of weight I am now at a size I will maintain
From 18 1/2st to 13st 2 which is nearly a stone past my target. Just couldn’t stop till I looked slim in the mirror.
Treated myself to a set of Rapha core bibs( XXL were too large so waiting for replacements)
Any off the beaten track shops you guys buy from online barring the obvious wiggle/crc/rapha etc
May need a couple of jerseys still.

The good news is I’m out on the roads tomorrow. First one this year.
Zwift has become an addiction I need to break now the weather is nice

Soldato
My Ultegra Di2 RD cage exploded whilst out on a ride today. The main unit and hanger are fine - does anyone know if it’s possible to just buy the replacement cage parts?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep should be exactly the same as the normal ultegra one! Might be worth looking at replacement oversized cage as probably won’t pay too much more for a Chinese one!

Soldato
From 18 1/2st to 13st 2 which is nearly a stone past my target. Just couldn’t stop till I looked slim in the mirror.
Treated myself to a set of Rapha core bibs( XXL were too large so waiting for replacements)
Any off the beaten track shops you guys buy from online barring the obvious wiggle/crc/rapha etc
May need a couple of jerseys still.

The good news is I’m out on the roads tomorrow. First one this year.
Zwift has become an addiction I need to break now the weather is nice

https://ebay.co.uk/usr/treasure4u-2sell is good for cheap Rapha gear.

Soldato
Rode the TT for the first time in about three months. Used some muscles that I haven’t in a while! Got a ride in on that new front tyre, the weather is mixed for next weekend so brand new tyre in the damp a bit of a receipe for disaster.

Might throw it on the trainer and ride it at least twice this week so I have half a chance of feeling happy with my performance! I’d like to do maybe 280w for a 10 at this point in the year (ie no riding!).

The Conti Giro I glued up, the quality seemed a little bit better than the Vittorias I have used in the past (Rally & CX Evo). Removable valve core, there wasn’t too much extra material around the valve hole & no extra stuff (latex?) on the base tape that Vittorias come with.

I realise it’s not a premium tyre, but if it’s reasonbly grippy and doesn’t cut up really quick then that’s good for now!

Soldato
Hi guys, selling my roadie and looking for an idea on how to price it, it's a Pinarello FP1 Compact, 2008 model. Alloy frame, carbon forks and rear triangle/seat stays. Tiagra/Pinarello MoST groupset, Ultegra SPD-SL pedals and Ultegra brake calipers. Specialized Alias saddle. Excellent condition, couple of tiny paint chips.

What could I expect to get for it?

Ta.

Soldato
Staring/stared at Zwift trying to ignore all the glorious pictures on Strava. ;)

Firstly I have to fit a 60cm frame in a Fiat 500
Pics or it didn't happen! :D

No lol, just like the kit!
As mentioned you won't be able to get RCC without being a member. Some of the Core range are similar colours and plain stripe-less designs. Failing that pickup RCC kit on the 'bay etc where they don't care if you're a member or not...

Hasn't been warmer than -7C since last weekend and currently snowing. Haven't ridden since Sunday :(
Damn, thought you where NY not Canada!? :D

<snip>
That is huge. Congratulations! Well done and keep up the good work! Now is the time to enjoy your new shape (+wardrobe!)

Looks like everyone got out today judging by Strava!
Yup. Except me. Not many chances to ride, nearly did but ill again so figured a base session on Zwift was the way to go. Coughed up my lungs a couple of times doing sprints and got a Watopia KOM PR I'm quite chuffed with so was actually going better/harder than expected/planned. Enjoyable social one!

EDIT: Rotor 13 speed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup. Except me. Not many chances to ride, nearly did but ill again so figured a base session on Zwift was the way to go. Coughed up my lungs a couple of times doing sprints and got a Watopia KOM PR I'm quite chuffed with so was actually going better/harder than expected/planned. Enjoyable social one!

No cycling for me with visiting Mrs Chris's parents. Got two runs in though, with a 7 miler including Parkrun on Saturday. Legs are reminding me I haven't run that recently though!

Back
Top Bottom