Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Same.

On the subject, what foam do people recommend? I've been sticking with the standard Karcher stuff that came with the pressure washer, but I've not really been satisfied with how thick it is. It seems to run off the car too quickly.

Would be harsh on any sealant/coatings you have so I personally wouldn’t use it

Best I’ve used is the Gyeon Snowfoam, thickest and longest sticking foam I’ve ever used, and I’ve used so many.

Associate
Decade old SRP and EGP...

I've been thinking about breaking out the SRP again lately and these pictures are persuading me to do it even more, but I'll likely top it off with some Bilt Hamber DSW as that is my go-to at the moment.

I've tried various polishes which are supposed to have varying cuts, but I think I just need to use something to mask the light defects by hand as quickly as possible. I've tried AF Tripple and 50. Cal Cover Up Show Glaze, but kind of want to see how SRP fairs these days as that is where it started for me. No time to do full paint corrections these days.

Looking at a lot of the cars I'm sat next to when in traffic I'd say even at 15 years old and 160,000 miles my paintwork looks a lot fresher than most cars on the road, just acts as a reminder that I'd rather have a dirty car than pay someone £5 at a hand car wash to do it.

Soldato
I've been thinking about breaking out the SRP again lately and these pictures are persuading me to do it even more, but I'll likely top it off with some Bilt Hamber DSW as that is my go-to at the moment.

I've always found EGP to be quick, convenient and easy to apply. For the effort & price the protection and shine has always been satisfying/sufficient.

I very much want to use up what I have before buying others to try, I have enough half used bottles knocking about already!

I've tried various polishes which are supposed to have varying cuts, but I think I just need to use something to mask the light defects by hand as quickly as possible. I've tried AF Tripple and 50. Cal Cover Up Show Glaze, but kind of want to see how SRP fairs these days as that is where it started for me. No time to do full paint corrections these days.

I'm planning on using Menzerna One-Step in April/May when I have time to do a minor correction. Being a novice too (Das6 Pro) I just want something that isn't going to take all-day and provide a reasonable improvement. Being white it doesn't show much at all. Fallout & tar are more of a problem.

Looking at a lot of the cars I'm sat next to when in traffic I'd say even at 15 years old and 160,000 miles my paintwork looks a lot fresher than most cars on the road, just acts as a reminder that I'd rather have a dirty car than pay someone £5 at a hand car wash to do it.

Ditto.

For the last 2 years + I have only used wheel cleaner, jet wash and 2BM and it hasn't been much worse off for not foaming or sealing sufficiently. Cardinal sin...

Associate
anyone tried using the auto glym polar blast then polar wash and finally polar seal as a family of products, they seem okay I'm not cleaning a high end car just a family car and think they would be good enough for that.

Associate
I’ve noticed quiet a few swirl marks on my car today, would It be a good idea to put it in for a machine polish? I have a lacquer coating applied will that make a difference?

Soldato
Tried some of that autoglym magma stuff over the weekend. Thought it was crap.
Turns dirt to red, but that's about it. Still needed some uber elbow grease and clay.

Thought it would at least help with cleaning the alloys, but nope.

Man of Honour
I’ve noticed quiet a few swirl marks on my car today, would It be a good idea to put it in for a machine polish? I have a lacquer coating applied will that make a difference?

Depending on how much you value the car, a paint correction, even just single stage is well worth the money imo. Made a huge difference to the C43, and the car was only 10 months old when it had it done. Couldn’t believe how many marks and swirls there were on a car that young.

Associate
Tried some of that autoglym magma stuff over the weekend. Thought it was crap.
Turns dirt to red, but that's about it. Still needed some uber elbow grease and clay.

Thought it would at least help with cleaning the alloys, but nope.
I use magma for cleaning wheels. Spray it on, leave it a few minutes as it turns red/pink. Work it into the nooks & crannies on the wheels then clean off with pressure washer. Gets rid of 99% of the crud on the alloys.

I'm looking for a decent tar spot remover. Used clay bar to get rid of them but could do with something to make it easier.

Associate
Depending on how much you value the car, a paint correction, even just single stage is well worth the money imo. Made a huge difference to the C43, and the car was only 10 months old when it had it done. Couldn’t believe how many marks and swirls there were on a car that young.

we just bought it last week and planning to keep it a few years so value it enough to get it fixed. I’ll have a look at paint correction. I’ve had a quote through for a machine polish but the boys going to in come past and have a look first to see what he thinks, must just be in bright sunlight you can see it as I tried to get pictures today but can’t see anything. My cars only a year old and 6k miles so I was surprised to see that as well.

Soldato
I'm looking for a decent tar spot remover. Used clay bar to get rid of them but could do with something to make it easier.

Pretty sure I've seen WD-40 recommended plenty and have used this to good effect myself in the past. Cheap too.

Haven't used this in abundance mind, unsure how unkind it may be to clear-coat?

Soldato
The $60 ceramic coating I put on the truck works wonders for the paint, anyone tried putting it on the windscreen?

I have a brand new windscreen due to a big chip and in the mornings when misty on the outside it's a real pain to see out of, almost swirly from where plastic wrap has been stuck to it. I've used alcohol on it and still there, any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom