Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Bad news :( cable is damaged under the road, can't even get a tone through it. So will have to be re-pulled and the engineer has to come back to connect it. Another day off to waste then.........

Soldato
Got the VIP package installed in my first home yesterday as i moved out earlier this week. Currently getting 320mb/s sat downstairs when the router is upstairs in the soon to be office. Crazy speeds, hope its good for gaming, not had much to check yet.

Man of Honour
im in the middle of potentially getting scammed by VM :(

middle of January i phoned them as my first contract was a month away from finishing, i was paying £33 a month on a promotion and told them the new price of £51 was too high,
they said on the phone they'd increase my speed from 50mb to 100mb for £40 a month..
i said this was still too high, so she went off to speak to a manager (as they do) and came back and said they'd do me 100mb for £40 a month and give me a £60 account credit so i accepted

got my new bill and there was no mention of the £60 credit so i phoned them last fiday (7 days ago),
the guy said there was no mention on my account about the £60 credit, so he listed it as a complaint and said someone will listen to the call i made last month to hear if this was offered to me and that they would phone me back within 2 days...
ive still not heard a thing from them :(
going to phone them later but i think ive been stiched up :(

Soldato
im in the middle of potentially getting scammed by VM :(

middle of January i phoned them as my first contract was a month away from finishing, i was paying £33 a month on a promotion and told them the new price of £51 was too high,
they said on the phone they'd increase my speed from 50mb to 100mb for £40 a month..
i said this was still too high, so she went off to speak to a manager (as they do) and came back and said they'd do me 100mb for £40 a month and give me a £60 account credit so i accepted

got my new bill and there was no mention of the £60 credit so i phoned them last fiday (7 days ago),
the guy said there was no mention on my account about the £60 credit, so he listed it as a complaint and said someone will listen to the call i made last month to hear if this was offered to me and that they would phone me back within 2 days...
ive still not heard a thing from them :(
going to phone them later but i think ive been stiched up :(

Surely you just need to ring them and ask for an update? It’s not ideal, but hardly worth branding them scammers over - for all you know they audited the call, tried to contact you and got no reply, then credited the account and sent you a letter confirming.

Man of Honour
Surely you just need to ring them and ask for an update? It’s not ideal, but hardly worth branding them scammers over - for all you know they audited the call, tried to contact you and got no reply, then credited the account and sent you a letter confirming.

ive just got off the phone with them and they credited my account on the spot with the £60 :)

im lucky the guy on the phone today believed me and was happy to help..
the lady who offered me the credit last month didnt add it to my account nor did she make any notes about it,
and the guy i spoke to last week never bothered raising the complaint nor did he make any notes of it.

Soldato
ive just got off the phone with them and they credited my account on the spot with the £60 :)

im lucky the guy on the phone today believed me and was happy to help..
the lady who offered me the credit last month didnt add it to my account nor did she make any notes about it,
and the guy i spoke to last week never bothered raising the complaint nor did he make any notes of it.

Given each person who views your account leaves an easily traceable user ID, that’s not the best of things for anyone to do, that said IT issues aren’t unheard of where a terminal freezes or logs a user out etc. Either way glad you got it sorted :)

Caporegime
About a month ago whilst playing CSGO, my ping just randomly shot up to around 800 making it unplayable. Now every single day since then at random times, I get rubber banding issues in all games, regardless of what other people are doing on the network. It's driving me nuts and I don't know what I can do to fix it. Streaming and everything else is fine, just not online PC games. SH2AC here. Any ideas?

Associate
So it look like VM have finally began to run cables in the street around me. Hoorah I hear you say? Well, I've looked on roadworks.org and I can't see when they are making the way down my road (which is a 3-4 year old new estate consisting of 50 houses). Do you know if there is anyway VM will let me know if my road being connected is in their 'plan'?
A friend of mine mentioned that because our estate is based on leasehold houses - there is a slim-to-none chance of this happening - but surely this isn't true?

Soldato
So it look like VM have finally began to run cables in the street around me. Hoorah I hear you say? Well, I've looked on roadworks.org and I can't see when they are making the way down my road (which is a 3-4 year old new estate consisting of 50 houses). Do you know if there is anyway VM will let me know if my road being connected is in their 'plan'?
A friend of mine mentioned that because our estate is based on leasehold houses - there is a slim-to-none chance of this happening - but surely this isn't true?

VM’s licences used to stipulates they can only enter property from the front (random) and via trench, no pole work or similar, that means that every time they cable a property they need wayleave from anyone who’s land they cross, as you lease the land and own the property on it, they would need block exemption or individual wayleave from the land owner. That’s without the complexities of adopted/unadapted roads etc.

Associate
I totally understand that they would only come in via trench - but surely that is on the pavement? Isn't there public footpath, and therefore not the owner of the lease lands where the houses are as such?

Soldato
Anyone got any tips for getting through to a UK call centre with VM? The first time I rang I managed to and spoke to someone very helpful, but since then I've been getting to an Indian call centre who just read the script of their screen and are no help at all.

Just told me I have to wait until 12th March for a new cable to be pulled under the street. I really can't be without internet for nearly another 3 weeks

Soldato
Anyone got any tips for getting through to a UK call centre with VM? The first time I rang I managed to and spoke to someone very helpful, but since then I've been getting to an Indian call centre who just read the script of their screen and are no help at all.

Just told me I have to wait until 12th March for a new cable to be pulled under the street. I really can't be without internet for nearly another 3 weeks

Follow the voice prompts to "thinking of leaving us". You'll get through to a British call centre.

Back
Top Bottom