The Division 2 - March 2019

Associate
I like the customization opportunities provided by the Armour Brands - interesting concept. If I understand correctly, set bonuses apply to individual pieces - so 1 piece gives you the first bonus, 2 pieces the second bonus etc

On the topic of the sequel - the two things I would have liked to see would be the ability to move between New York and Washington with the same character (some issues with time of the year to be worked out there) and the ability to use all 4 of your characters as your squad - you equip them as you see fit and then control one of them, the ai controls the other 3.

Cheers

Soldato
Open Beta changes since private Beta
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubiso...vision-2-open-beta-updates-since-private-beta

90% issues fixed.Looking good for full game

• FIXED – Fixed an issue in Department of Justice where the player would not be able to open the garage if enemy NPCs were killed while outside the mission area.

Ahaa so that glitched mission is fixed now, those balance changes I agree with almost all of them, the enemies were too good in my opinion, flanking you efficiently etc. in early game I think was ridiculous.

Associate
I quite liked the difficulty however i do agree for some it may be hard especially if your not used to how the division plays
also maybe a bit much for early game

i dont have an issue with them lowering the difficulty as long as we get the same option as TD1 for hard/challenging missions

Associate
Not sure what to do about this, probably give the beta a go, was so disappointed with the last one, although I never returned to it, people did say that it improved a lot. I do struggle to get my head into bullet sponge enemies but am desperate for a looter shooter to give my hours to

Man of Honour
Ahaa so that glitched mission is fixed now, those balance changes I agree with almost all of them, the enemies were too good in my opinion, flanking you efficiently etc. in early game I think was ridiculous.

Private beta was reasonably difficult but I didn't have too much trouble with it - same settings in the technical test I could literally just stand out in the open and kill everything with some minor strategic movement.

For me though until they address the long standing issues from TD1 that they claimed made it a more efficient use of time to move developer focus to TD2 but still exist in TD2 I won't bother with the game unless I get it free or very cheap but even then I won't bother with the game unless they seriously rework the movement as it completely kills my enjoyment of the game - it is a big step back from the 1.8+ movement in TD1 and nothing like the enjoyable movement of TD1 prior to 1.8.

Associate
I enjoyed the beta and i didn't find the difficulty too much. It was challenging at times but that is a part of what made it fun, I don't feel like it needed a nerf at all but I guess time will tell.

Associate
I enjoyed the beta and i didn't find the difficulty too much. It was challenging at times but that is a part of what made it fun, I don't feel like it needed a nerf at all but I guess time will tell.

Same,i think difficulty was ok'ish.
But im not judging game before release.
Also,Massive can "massively" tweak difficulty any time,so all ok here i think.

Man of Honour

Didnt find it all that difficult either, the missus and I duo'ed all the content fine. Dont really feel it needed a nerf but as long as the TD1 difficulty levels are there it will be ok as we can up it in there.

We both have several hundred hours in TD1 so that may account for some of the relative ease we found.

Missus loves TD1, she enjoyed TD2 beta so much she immediately preordered the Ultimate edition lol

Last edited:
Associate
The difficulty in TD1 was spot on imo, I was getting flanked a lot. I could see myself getting flanked but popping my head out to stop it was tough sometimes. I thought the AI in TD1 was very very good, better than most games tbh.

Soldato
Didnt find it all that difficult either, the missus and I duo'ed all the content fine. Dont really feel it needed a nerf but as long as the TD1 difficulty levels are there it will be ok as we can up it in there.

We both have several hundred hours in TD1 so that may account for some of the relative ease we found.

Missus loves TD1, she enjoyed TD2 beta so much she immediately preordered the Ultimate edition lol

note you duo'd didnt solo?

Also did you play TD1 previously or a new player like myself?

My input is based on someone new to the genre. The dev's will want to balance this so new players enjoy it. Also remember this is early game, I think having enemy AI playing like human's is overboard, doing things like unlimited grenades, RC's without cooldown, flanking 5+ enemies on one solo player from back and front at same time, unlimited ammo and so on.

The nerf's most of them are not large nerf's just things like slightly less chance to flank at low levels, added cooldown to RC, so it will probably only be a bit easier.

Soldato
The only needs is the unlimited spams granades, and no cool down. Other than that ai playing like humans is what you want a challenge. I don't want NPC's walking in a straight line.or not moving at all. If it's not a challenge then what's the point. I hate game where the AI is dumb

Soldato
Well AI already has advantage of outnumbering and instant reaction times to events. So obviously they have to be bad at "something" for the balance to be reasonable.

I remember playing a RTS game in campaign mode against AI, the AI was playing like a human with micromanagement, kiting etc. It was not fun and I ditched the game. Maybe some thrive on that kind of challenge, and I expect those who thrive on competitive gaming do, but some of us are more casual gamers.

The answer to keep everyone happy is adjustable difficulty, although I noticed in the beta the difficulty seemed locked in place.

Man of Honour
note you duo'd didnt solo?

Also did you play TD1 previously or a new player like myself?

My input is based on someone new to the genre. The dev's will want to balance this so new players enjoy it. Also remember this is early game, I think having enemy AI playing like human's is overboard, doing things like unlimited grenades, RC's without cooldown, flanking 5+ enemies on one solo player from back and front at same time, unlimited ammo and so on.

The nerf's most of them are not large nerf's just things like slightly less chance to flank at low levels, added cooldown to RC, so it will probably only be a bit easier.

Duo'ed it yeah, imo, like TD1 its primarily a co-op game. It can be soloed, in the same way that you can solo Borderlands or Diablo or Path of Exile but its far FAR more fun (and I believe designed) in co-op.

Both of us have several hundred hours in TD1.

Like I say, as long as they keep the TD1 option of turning the difficulty up (no reason to think they wont), then theres no problem, our clan will simply turn it up. A win/win for everyone, newbie and oldie.

Associate
It can be soloed, in the same way that you can solo Borderlands or Diablo or Path of Exile but its far FAR more fun (and I believe designed) in co-op.

More fun for you maybe, wish people would stop trying to force a game IS more fun in coop. This is not the case at all and many people enjoy TD1 solo. It can actually be more of a challenge playing solo for some people. IMHO and this is just my view, I personally find anything that is not PvP can be more enjoyable solo for some people. For me the DZ is the only place for groups because PvP. Not everyone needs to play campaigns with other people.

Caporegime
More fun for you maybe, wish people would stop trying to force a game IS more fun in coop. This is not the case at all and many people enjoy TD1 solo. It can actually be more of a challenge playing solo for some people. IMHO and this is just my view, I personally find anything that is not PvP can be more enjoyable solo for some people. For me the DZ is the only place for groups because PvP. Not everyone needs to play campaigns with other people.

No one is saying you can't enjoy a game like The Division or Borderlands Solo. Only that these games are enhanced and the gameplay and experience are improved by teaming.

Associate
I played the beta solo and had never played the division prior to trying the division 2. My comments about the difficulty reflect that but they are only my opinion.

As I said, I was happy with the difficulty.

I did respond to a couple of the relentless calls for assistance just to see how it worked out and grouping was fun.

I like the idea of adjustable difficulty in theory because then everyone can find a level that suits them. I don't know how it would work in practice in an online game, nor how it would work with progression and loot etc.

Man of Honour

Sorry yes, seriously this is going to get tiresome if I have to append "this is only my opinion" disclaimers to every post on the forum. I would hope that people have the common sense to tell that its a subjective opinion but just to be absolutely 100% clear.

It is only my opinion (not a certifiable fact nor was it my intent to suggest that it was) that it is more fun in co-op.

I am certain there are many people out there who feel its a much more fun game to play solo than co-op with their friends.

Hope thats clear to everyone who might be concerned about the message my earlier post may have been conveying.

Associate
No one is saying you can't enjoy a game like The Division or Borderlands Solo. Only that these games are enhanced and the gameplay and experience are improved by teaming.

You are saying that, they are not enhanced at all. I like playing PvE solo. You are telling me my experience would be better with other people. Not at all

Different people like different things.

Associate
Sorry yes, seriously this is going to get tiresome if I have to append "this is only my opinion" disclaimers to every post on the forum. I would hope that people have the common sense to tell that its a subjective opinion but just to be absolutely 100% clear.

It is only my opinion (not a certifiable fact nor was it my intent to suggest that it was) that it is more fun in co-op.

I am certain there are many people out there who feel its a much more fun game to play solo than co-op with their friends.

Hope thats clear to everyone who might be concerned about the message my earlier post may have been conveying.

Stop telling people the experience is far far better in coop then. Simple

Back
Top Bottom