Microsoft Is Planning to run XBox One games on your Windows PC

Caporegime
The latest builds of Windows insider indicate that Microsoft is working to unify the infrastructure of Windows 10 and the Xbox OS. This makes it possible to play Xbox console games on PCs with Windows 10, which has already been demonstrated with the survival action game State of Decay.

This is not a good development for PC Gaming as they could become console standardization running on the PC. By making this 'port' compatibility, basically, Microsoft seems to indicate that it would like to release console games on the PC.

Microsoft has not announced these changes just however in Windows 10 Preview Build 18334 the company implements a free version of State of Decay to download to report issues. When downloading this (trial) version, the game is no longer sourced from the Microsoft Store servers, but rather from the Xbox Live servers, which typically ship only pure Xbox titles.

The installation file obtained through this server uses the .xvc file format developed for the Xbox One but plays the normal game through PowerShell. The conclusion is obvious: The Xbox version of the Survival game is playing, not the PC version. Ergo, the games are emulated.

So in the future, chances are that if you purchase a PC Game in the Windows Store, you might end up with an emulated XBox One version.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/m...-run-xbox-one-games-on-your-windows-pc,2.html

:D

Associate
This is why Valve/Gaben said he did not like the direction Windows/Microsoft was going, a more closed system.

I dont mind to much, if the game was not going to be made for the PC but i have the chance to play it thats great.

Caporegime
This is why Valve/Gaben said he did not like the direction Windows/Microsoft was going, a more closed system.

I dont mind to much, if the game was not going to be made for the PC but i have the chance to play it thats great.
valve/gabe wont like anything that takes away potential steam sales.

why buy on steam if you can buy the xbox version play it a few days and sell it :D

Soldato
If it happens PC ports will go away fast :eek: No need for them anymore just make an XB1 game then sell the over priced digital version to Windows 10 suckers...sorry I meant PC gamers ;)

Most likely its just the next Win10 update allows XB1 emulation but still very dangerous for PC ports as publishers are already taking every shortcut available to them so this would eliminate many PC specific ports overnight!

Soldato
I play PC games for the framerates and mouse and keyboard, if I can play Xbox One games with those benefits then I dont really have an issue with it but if it locks me to 30 FPS and a god awful controller it can go and do one.

Caporegime
This is for game pass games like Forza and state of decay 2 etc.
game pass is awesome.
I can play forza on pc or xbox, only having bought it for one machine.

same save game on both :D one of the best things to ever come from microsoft.

It's really generous of them really since a lot of people would buy for both if they owned both platforms anyway.

Man of Honour
I play PC games for the framerates and mouse and keyboard, if I can play Xbox One games with those benefits then I dont really have an issue with it but if it locks me to 30 FPS and a god awful controller it can go and do one.

You won't get a choice. It will be an Xbox game, so it will only be playable with a controller and it will not have any graphical options other than those for the Xbox, which usually means a framerate lock but will also affect resolution, FOV, texture size, etc, etc. It will also massively limit mods or completely prevent mods other than paid mods from Microsoft - if they have total control (as they would), why would they allow anything else?

It will effectively end PC gaming, since it would make PC gaming nothing other than a more expensive way to play Xbox games.

Soldato
Can't see this happening where they "end" PC Gaming, because developers will choose either to not use Windows store or develop for a different platform. Perhaps it'll end Windows as the primary platform for PC gaming.

Soldato
Halo Master Chief Collection is rumoured to be heading to PC sometime I wonder if this is how they will do it if so plenty of PC Halo fans will buy it digitally at full price!

Back
Top Bottom