*** Show us your bikes! ***

Associate
My 2016 Tuono Factory is exactly the same, at low speed the throttle is on/off and very jerky. I ran a different ECU with a custom map and it made little difference. Funnily enough only dug it out the garage on Sunday to check it over and give it a clean. Those carbon wheels must make a difference, AWC must be working all the time! Looks lovely :)

Makes mine look ordinary :p

DSC5594.jpg

Soldato
My 2016 Tuono Factory is exactly the same, at low speed the throttle is on/off and very jerky. I ran a different ECU with a custom map and it made little difference. Funnily enough only dug it out the garage on Sunday to check it over and give it a clean. Those carbon wheels must make a difference, AWC must be working all the time! Looks lovely :)

Makes mine look ordinary :p

DSC5594.jpg

Hey unKle, this might be of interest https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xfssPVxrxn8&t=29s

From around 5 mins in if you're impatient! :)

He has a 2016 tuono, which have more of a rep for jerky on-off low speed throttle than later years from what I gather, and he saw a good response with Gabro's map. Might be worth a look. :)

Oh, and only had really cold weather riding so far since the wheels went on, including a day when it started snowing soon after setting off. AWC 3 and TC 8 that day!

Last edited:
Associate
Nice garage! Love the colour of the z1000sx. Had one as a loan-bike a few years back, the engine's good fun!
Yeah it's a great bike. It's due a complete new exhaust as the stock is the terrible euro4 plumbing . It replaced a new Speed Triple that I only kept for 6 months as I didn't get on with it. It was the third triple that I fell out of love with in a short space of time.

I'm debating selling everything and getting an H2 and one of the new Norton Atlas.

Last edited:
Soldato
Where did you get the reas sets from? I have size 11 feet and really struggling changing gear with the standard ones on mine.

I have size 11 feet and 6'3"ish myself - I couldn't wear sidi full race boots with the stock pegs as my legs wouldn't then fit properly under the tank. Tried rotatable 25mm lowering pegs but the gear levers were then too high.

They're Gia Moto rearsets - UK company and really good company to deal with, they are gorgeous with individually replaceable parts (down to a screw or a peg or peg carrier etc). They're pricey but worth it imo (they have some some cheaper factory seconds though).

They do 15mm lower peg carriers which I asked to get in place of the standard ones for the reasets in case they wouldn't be low enough, though I think standard peg carrier would be fine on the lowest holes for me.

I had a titanium gear shift rod on gia moto rearsets that failed on my Street triple 3+ years after buying, so I called to order another, and their response was "that shouldn't have happened, what's your address?" and just sent another to me! Really impressed with their customer service, and the design is just lovely on the rearsets with ball-end mill bit scalloped machining to the surface in parts and really good quality bearings, flawless anodizing etc.

Last edited:
Associate
Well took my bike into local dealer on Thursday to have a couple of small jobs done while I was in there they made me a stupidly good offer to part ex mine in so came out having bought this

24dgcva.jpg

Pick it up next friday with full Ali Luggage, Nav6 and Tank Bag. Very Happy.

Soldato
I think it's just how few there are compared to what I'd expect really (more used to seeing bicycles and wire wheels on cars), as I say, I expect them to be strong, just not used to seeing them.

Associate
They need a little more maintenance mind.

Definately more awkward to clean thats for sure, but I dont think you can beat the look of them on this style bike.

BMW have had a few issues with loose spokes recently after a bad batch from their supplier but thats all fixed now (fingers crossed) and its all about checking them and as I was raised on British bikes its always been part of my cleaning routine to run a spanner over them and listen for the dull ping.

Associate
So as I posted above, today was collection day and although I had only had the old bike just over 2 years was still a little sad to see her go but got a "out with the old in with the new" photo

zipocw.jpg

Not sure where to start the engine and gearbox are sooo much smoother the quickshift is something yet to be played with will probably wait until its run in to play with it fully.

The new TFT dash and Nav6 are amazingly clear to look at and the integration with the bike is seemless so far but only time will tell as to how easy it is to use.

I dont have access to all the Pro Modes yet as they will be enabled at the 600mile service although the Pro plug is secure under the seat in its bag until then :)

BMW recommend no higher than 5500rpm while running in but coming home 70mph equals 3500ish rpm so running in isnt going to hinder me getting anywhere.

Now just need to spend a small fortune on extras to protect its lovely paintowork and electronics.....

Back
Top Bottom