Apex Legends BR

Soldato

To make this happen you have to edit gamefiles right? Like how people used to do in DayZ to see through buildings.

Editing gamefiles should be an instant and permanent ban wth.

Associate
To make this happen you have to edit gamefiles right? Like how people used to do in DayZ to see through buildings.

Editing gamefiles should be an instant and permanent ban wth.

Not entirely. IIRC it's just a config file options they forgot to blacklist, so should be an easy fix.

Man of Honour
Game now keeps CTD. Nothing in Event manager. Freezes then after 5 seconds or so back to desktop. Latest drivers. Have to run Fullscreen as Borderless Windowed is too choppy.

The thing that was causing my crashes was the VRAM budget being set too high. When I say too high, it was within my hardware limits, but the game definitely didn't like it for whatever reason. Try knocking it down a notch or two, to be clearly below your GPU's VRAM amount and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Associate
I was advised to use November drivers and I don't think I've crashed on them yet.
Tried rolling back makes things worse. Stutter and crash almost every game.
The thing that was causing my crashes was the VRAM budget being set too high. When I say too high, it was within my hardware limits, but the game definitely didn't like it for whatever reason. Try knocking it down a notch or two, to be clearly below your GPU's VRAM amount and you might be pleasantly surprised.
VRAM budget set to 4GB. I have 8GB. Will try even lower.

Had 4 CTD's this morning already. Considering I've played 269 hours of this I suppose it was set to catch up with me eventually.

Edit:
Reduced Texture streaming budget to 2-3GB VRAM and hasn't crashed since. GTX 1070Ti, 8GB, overclock turned off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there any Solo players here who are interested in joining me and a friend?

We are both 29 and are pretty bad at this game, but we figured we would try and get a third person to try and get better.

discord and origin name are the same as the forum

Soldato
Hey peeps, struggling to put up with the randoms in this game so please add me if you play evenings = Jez_PKS.

Ill skim the previous posts and add anyone else that has put their name down to be added. Also play BFV, sims and VR games.

Do you have Discord? me and a friend are playing but we are looking for a third, we are pretty bad though! :p

Associate
Is there any Solo players here who are interested in joining me and a friend?

We are both 29 and are pretty bad at this game, but we figured we would try and get a third person to try and get better.

discord and origin name are the same as the forum

From what I have heard / read - you might be better off playing as a 2 with a random.

The reasons for this - if you matchmake as a solo/duo - you get matched against other solos joining.
If you matchmake as a full 3 squad, the game will only match you to full squads, which normally means you will have a harder game. Based on most premade squads talking to each other!

Caporegime
He he, another me, me, me team player. Totally worth it. I had the opposite today, hot dropped by squadmate at Repulsor, I was playing pathfinder. Both squad mates downed and finished in seconds. I thought here we go they'll quit. But they didn't. I stealthed in between 2 other fighting squads taking a few hits myself and picked up their banners. By then one of the other squads was gone and the remaining group potatoed at me. I just legged it. One of their players was persistent and gave chase. I ended up going all the way to the respawn beacon between bridges and cascades. Both players stayed with me. We happened upon some death boxes, geared up and won the round with 7 squad kills. So hanging around and thinking about where to respawn payed off for a change.
Happened to me last night with random too. We both died early but got our banners collected and resoawned in and won the match.

Associate
Still struggling to get better at this game, pretty much game over as soon as I encounter another player lol. I'm not a bad player at cod games, maybe this game is just too different, also my first BR game.
Glad it's a free game and didn't cost my anything . I will keep on trying though.

Associate
OP
Still struggling to get better at this game, pretty much game over as soon as I encounter another player lol. I'm not a bad player at cod games, maybe this game is just too different, also my first BR game.
Glad it's a free game and didn't cost my anything . I will keep on trying though.

Same. I do okay on CoD/BF/CS but this I can't hit nothing. I've played 30 hours and don't seem to be getting anywhere. In fact i've won more games using the xbox controller than I have on mnk. I used the controller as a last resort.

Associate
Same. I do okay on CoD/BF/CS but this I can't hit nothing. I've played 30 hours and don't seem to be getting anywhere. In fact i've won more games using the xbox controller than I have on mnk. I used the controller as a last resort.

Don't forget, this game is still super new.
You may be getting better, but so are everyone else. Don't be put off, playing the numbers game - you'll soon be getting more kills/wins as long as you keep improving. Watch some youtube videos of suggestions/tips, try to stick with doing certain things, like fighting from cover and healing regularly, short bursts, good recoil control, sliding where possible, etc etc..

Back
Top Bottom