Poll: Is it time to shave it all off?

Is it time to shave it all off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
You've nearly perfected the 50 year old man selfie, got a few more years to work on that though. A bit more a squint and you're there.

rE0AJeMh.jpg

vs

ltsjy1vhcni21.jpg

In all seriousness, looks real good.

Soldato
Yeah I think it's time to shave lad....

Not really much you can do with that and it just looks worse if you let it grow out with that much missing. I'm so lucky i'm 30's and zero balding. Aside usual bit of widows peak that i've had since early 20's.

Shave and post update pics.

Edit: Yep see he's shaved, looks better OP as expected..... really not much you can do aside shell out for hair transplant but that is expensive :D

Edit2: and yes grow out the beard.

Soldato
I wondered what the update was on this.

Great to see you took the plunge :)

I think as we grow older we adapt our self view. When I first shaved my head a few friends around me were initially shocked. But then they respected that I'd made such a choice. A lot of people fear change. So they will respect you for your choice.

Soldato
So reluctant to do your head yet you were waxing your shoulders and upper arms all along you sexy minx.
As you get older you'll find you do your ear and nose hairs more than your head anyway...

Associate
Really pleased you gave it a go. Looks great!
Don't think you need to go all the way to a beard but some stubble would probably look good.

Out of curiosity did you use a guard? Can't be any more than grade 1.

How have those around you found it?

Associate
I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest. I've seen loads of ugly bald old/fat minger men with well fit ladies.

If you are fat or skinny, young/teen, no job or on minimum wage, living at parents home, then you have something to worry about. But other than that... then no worries.

Facts of life really.

Caporegime
OP
Really pleased you gave it a go. Looks great!
Don't think you need to go all the way to a beard but some stubble would probably look good.

Out of curiosity did you use a guard? Can't be any more than grade 1.

How have those around you found it?

I used some old Boots mains-powered clippers with a #1 guard, but the adjustment was all the way out (open?), so less short on the #1 side.

I shaved it last night and went into work this morning. Reactions received were basically as follows:

- Absolutely no reaction, facial or verbal
- Looks clean, going for the Jason Statham look?
- No speaking but mouth open in surprise and rubbing own head as we walked past each other
- Wow, where did your hair go? I need to do that soon too
- Probably loads of silent unknown reactions that I didn't notice

Nobody laughed or took the pee, at least openly.

Back
Top Bottom