**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
So I popped into the Three store and had a very quick look at the phones. I was looking at the S10 and thinking "ahh yeah that's about the same size as my S7 Edge". Then saw the 2 front cameras... Oh.

I'm wondering if I should have gone with the +. Will have to wait and see! I struggle to reach the top left on my S7 one handed anyway so I'm thinking with the whole of the phone being edge to edge screen that actually the S10 will work out as the best one.

Soldato
Why is it at all relevant how easy/hard it is to get to the top left? Nothing happens there on Android and especially not with one ui.

I guess horses for courses but having gone big I won't be going back. My note 9 is fine for my reasonably small hands, it's S10+ all the way for me :)

Associate
I pre-ordered the S10 but now I'm thinking go should have gone for the S10+ instead. Trouble is if I try to change my pre-order I'm going to have to wait at least another week as the S10+ in the colour I wan't is now out of stock. :rolleyes:

Associate
I pre-ordered the S10 but now I'm thinking go should have gone for the S10+ instead. Trouble is if I try to change my pre-order I'm going to have to wait at least another week as the S10+ in the colour I wan't is now out of stock. :rolleyes:
I had this exact issue last year and from experience you'll be more annoyed if you're using the phone you don't want for a year or however long. You'll be more out of pocket if you decide to change after you've got the S10.

Soldato

I made the same mistake when I got the S8, as soon as I got it and someone showed the S8+ I knew I should have gone bigger as the size difference isn't that huge.

Caporegime

I thought the same, but then I held a Note 9 and thought nah I'm good. I always use my phone one handed and that was a bit of a struggle, especially with a case on too.

Soldato
This seems like an old timey problem to me, I remember the days of wanting Snapdragon variants because they were better supported with ROMs etc.

I don't even know what I've got in my note 9, I find it hard to believe anyone would notice an actual performance difference.

Soldato
Jumped on the S10+ bandwagon, having had my mostly great P20 Pro for a year......just handset ordered, via MyCo, so kinda feels cheaper from getting VAT back :p

Anyway, the P20 Pro has been a fantastic handset, truly awesome camera, but has always niggled me a bit with its crazy power saving antics.....things like MyAudi app that connects to car's MMI, Canary, Tado and others that rely on the app ticking along quietly deeeep in the background often have been totally shutdown by Huawei's software, probably to improve battery, and my last Samsung (S8+) was far more realistic in such handling....P20 Pro just too aggressive, and manually overriding often too far the other way.

So, Samsung fans, has much changed since S8+??

Back
Top Bottom