Fx-8370e 5,1ghz Air cooling problem

Associate
hi I have to ask for help I have air cooling wraith + 6 fans silentium 120 wants to convert them to all in one or you can advise me some sensible cooling I think over nzxt x72, x62, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB, evga clc 280 my temperature 51 ° c at rest and 85/90 ° c at maximum load

My spec
Mobo: Asus 970 pro Gaming aura
CPU: AMD FX 8370e vishera OC to 5,1ghz
Ram : 16 GB Kingston hyperx OC to 2400mhz
Gpu; geforce strix 1080ti
Psu : chieftec 750w (old model)
3 hdd , 1 ssd
Case MIDI tower silentium rg4t regnum

Please help me choose my best
Regards

Associate
dont buy a stupid cost cooler for that cpu, its are the end of life.

WOW, you PSU is well wow.... if this lump of **** dies your 1080ti joins it.

A bit harsh :p There are also some AIO watercoolers that have brackets both for AM3 as well as newer socket CPUs, so not hugely out of the question if he knows what he'll be upgrading to (presumably sooner rather than later - an FX 8370 with a 1080 Ti is a pretty outrageous pairing).

Permabanned
A bit harsh :p There are also some AIO watercoolers that have brackets both for AM3 as well as newer socket CPUs, so not hugely out of the question if he knows what he'll be upgrading to (presumably sooner rather than later - an FX 8370 with a 1080 Ti is a pretty outrageous pairing).

PSU is a super budget brand, and he even says its the "old model". he want to pull the power needed for 5.1 on a bulldozer CPU + 1080ti....

i am a big fan of people doing what ever thay want and normal i am the guy defending older hardware, but in this case it need to be said.

Soldato
Indeed, a good quality PSU is first step. That old dog won't hunt, and if it did it will like die and kill most other components in system on it's way out.

I advise using a case setup with good airflow and air cooling. Modern GPUs with 3x fans on their coolers cool very well and do it quietly so no need to change and a good air cooler costs about half what a CLC cost for same cooling ability.

Back
Top Bottom