BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
It doesn’t? My 330e did for any downhill sections where the momentum was sufficient.

Because you've got a hybrid - these are different.

The conventional engined cars will not coast unless the cruise is off and the car is in Eco Pro mode (and Eco Pro Coasting is enabled in settings).

Soldato
3G I believe. I was trying to change the charge profile but it kept failing, even from the Connected Drive portal on the web. Basic things like unlocking the doors works some times though.

Soldato
It's been temperamental the last week or so for both BMW and Mini, app not logging in/Google send to car not working/traffic data not coming through etc. Wife's Mini also got 3 map updates over the air one after the other over the last couple of weeks which is handy as Mini provide no method to manually download the map data like BMW's portal (unless I have missed something)

I expect they have been doing some work on the back end. Going by where the cars lose signal etc I think BMW/Mini use Vodafone as the data provider.

Soldato
I went with MP4S nonRF tyres when I changed my fronts recently and I had, drum roll ..... Asym2 RFs before. The Michelin’s were initially noisy but have now settled down and I don’t know if it’s the brand change or simply getting rid of the RF or both but the car feels so much nicer and I actually now enjoy driving it.

Just wish I could get rid of the rattles that the dealer fixed but which are now back :(

Soldato
Its always amazed me just how long it takes to lose speed when in eco pro coasting mode. It seems to go for ages! It's really useful in heavy Motorway traffic.
Yeah.
I find it's so good at maintaining speed in ecopro that in other traffic it's impossible to use effectively because of the speed gain during coasting.

Soldato
Quick question, is it worth risking buying a 330i (N53 272bhp) without warranty?

If you’re happy with the car then why not, you can take out the extended BMW warranty it just won’t kick in for a month. If you’re buying private get an RAC or AA vehicle inspection done though for piece of mind re the mechanical aspects of the car.

Soldato
guys, quick question, has anyone upgraded their NBT istep before?
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1477343

seems like bmw dealer can do it, but how to go about getting them to do it?
also, any benefits?

They’ll only do it if they have to or if instructed by HQ to do it to fix a particular problem, though having said this I have heard stories of people binging the dealer 150 and then doing the update.

In terms of what it fixes, it all depends but people do subscribe to the old adage of it it ain’t broke ....

Back
Top Bottom