**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Anyone having trouble with using the Samsung members app to get the free ear buds? Every time I press the link to get the free ear buds nothing opens whilst all the other links seem to work ok. I wonder if it’s because everyone is hitting it today hence the page not opening properly

Worked fine for me at about 11 this morning, already have confirmation that the claim has been validated too - likely to get busier as the day goes on I guess, especially as people in the US wake up.

Associate
So, I have a very light green band around my screen, not sure whether it's the screen protector or a fault with the actual screen. It also shifts slightly pink.

Soldato
Okay thanks for that. Did your phone arrive with a case and pre-installed screen protector?

There's no free case offered, not sure what you'd be expecting there.

The screen protector is pre fitted on all S10 and S10+, it's only a film one to get folks started seeing as glass is currently incompatible.

Soldato
There's no free case offered, not sure what you'd be expecting there.

The screen protector is pre fitted on all S10 and S10+, it's only a film one to get folks started seeing as glass is currently incompatible.

On the UK pre-order page "what's in the box" showed a case for the S10+, looks like it's been removed now though.

22 February:
YoRqtw3.png

Today:
6Blc6qg.png

Soldato
Apart from Whitestone Dome :)

Yeah I guess that'll be the fact it's basically glued to the whole screen.. I mean, it's like £50 for a screen protector.. for me that starts to bring into question when is a screen protector another screen?? (philosoraptor)

On the UK pre-order page "what's in the box" showed a case for the S10+, looks like it's been removed now though.

Thats interesting.. they've done free simple clear cases in other territories before and that shows a 2 pin plug, wonder if they used the wrong image?

Soldato
My 10+ has arrived (was pre-order from Argos website using a employer's pre-paid debit card which gave me 6% cash back).

Straight onto phone with Argos, seal on box was broken and things seemed a little loose inside the box. Argos told me random packages are selected to check but would normally have a note inside the box added to say it'd been opened. Nothing like that here, doesn't seem to be anything missing and setting up the phone seems ok so far. Been told i can go straight into nearest store if i spot anything wrong, but here's hoping i don't.

Just wondering if it had been opened by Samsung to add the screen protector after being packaged originally.

Soldato
anyone else having issues with the fingerprint sensor?

even trying to register a finger is near on impossible. Just keeps telling me I need to press harder, I'm pressing that hard my fingers slipping on the screen.

anyone else have this?

Soldato
anyone else having issues with the fingerprint sensor?

even trying to register a finger is near on impossible. Just keeps telling me I need to press harder, I'm pressing that hard my fingers slipping on the screen.

anyone else have this?
Got that a few times setting it up, but found it easier to just place the phone on desk and set it up. Does seem a little hit and miss using it so far.

Soldato
Got that a few times setting it up, but found it easier to just place the phone on desk and set it up. Does seem a little hit and miss using it so far.

its shocking for me, registered two fingers (in the end had to lick them so they don't slide). however after a number of attempts i've yet to have one successfully unlock the phone.

All I get is "push a little harder, make sure it covers the sensor" IT IS COVERING THE ******* sensor.

thinking of trying my toes next.

Associate
its shocking for me, registered two fingers (in the end had to lick them so they don't slide). however after a number of attempts i've yet to have one successfully unlock the phone.

All I get is "push a little harder, make sure it covers the sensor" IT IS COVERING THE ******* sensor.

thinking of trying my toes next.
Apparently registering the same finger 3x is the key...

Soldato
So, finally get around to claiming the free buds on the members app only to be told I'm not eligible for the offer. Just WTF? S10+ ordered on the 20th thru Samsung UK.

I just got a white screen when I went into the buds offer. now is disappeared altogether.

Stopped with the fingerprint sensor now. getting to a stage now where if it tells me to push harder one more time I'm going to use it as a Frisby.

works perfect everytime with a light touch on the olf S6

Back
Top Bottom