Photography equipment insurance?

Man of Honour
Probably been asked before but hey.. I was wondering if you guys can recommended an equipment insurance provider/policy preferably with liability insurance (optional).

I want to know my higher valuable items are now protected.

Cheers.

Man of Honour
All my gear is covered as part of my home contents cover (M&S premium). Not sure whether there’s any liability cover as part of that but it gives me theft and damage cover both at home and outside plus cover while the kit is in the boot of the car (not many companies offer this).

It’s maybe not the cheapest but it gives me the cover I need for my stuff plus my wife’s jewellery etc.

Caporegime
Mine is covered by my household insurance as well - NFU Mutual. I have had to list them as their value is so great (GAS!) and I went past the maximum allowed value of £2,500 but the extra premium was peanuts.

Like rpstewart I am covered for both theft and accidental damage and also when locked in the boot of the car (not visible). The accidental damage has been a boon as I dropped and smashed a lens once and only cost me the £50 excess to get a new replacement.

Man of Honour
OP
I just checked my home policy and I can name items above £1,000.. for an additional £50. Not sure if any claim effects my house hold though .. I'd rather keep them separate so I'll have to call them and find out.

Soldato
Seeing as you say you also want liability insurance I'm assuming this is in a professional capacity? If so I wouldn't expect your home insurance to cover you in the event of any claim whilst doing it professionally (i.e. getting paid).

Are you doing this as a sole trader or limited company? If so may be worth getting a quote from Knightsbridge insurance.

Back
Top Bottom