Battlefront 2 content - is it really a "16"??

Soldato
My eldest (8 in a month) wants me to buy him Battlefront 2 on the PS4 as it's on offer right now!

He's played it at a friends house and says he likes it but I was slightly surprised when I saw the age rating was "Pegi 16" - which I assume means it's only suitable for players aged 16 and over??

I was just wondering what sort of content it had in the game to warrant such a high age rating? I mean I know you use various weapons to kill in the game but I didn't think there was any blood or anything like that??

The added complication is that my youngest (6 in a month) will also end up at least watching his brother and I don't want it to upset him!

Soldato
My 9 year old niece and 4 year old nephew play it. No idea why it's got a 16 rating.

" A recent tweet by the Games Rating Authority has made it clear why Battlefront received its rating. "Violence consists mainly of players using guns and lightsabres against enemy forces, who fall down limply when struck, though there is never any blood or visible injury," reads the official PEGI text. "Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine can also choke or electrocute their enemies, causing them to realistically struggle, writhe and yell in pain."

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think 16 is well over the top. I’d let a kid of any age play it.

Blimey, when you see some of the films they rate as 15 nowadays. They make this look as upsetting as an episode of Sesame Street.

Soldato
OP
This is what I thought - although the online aspect engaging with other players could obviously add some spice in terms of language etc I suppose!

Not sure it's dramatically removed from games like Lego Marvel Superheroes with characters having guns and killing each other!

Back
Top Bottom