**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Coming from the S7 edge to the S10 I'd say it feels worth it.

It looks and feels different enough to me.

If I had an S8 or S9 I'd likely think differently.

Do really like it though :).

Am in exact same position. Tempted to upgrade from S7 Edge but still loving the S7 and don't feel it's needed. S7 has been best phone I have ever owned. Had a look at S10 in shop yesterday and was very impressed by screen and general design though. It's a smaller device too, although screen is larger than S7, and that is a big pro in my books.

Think I might wait until later in year when it's a tad cheaper to buy outright.

Also, does the smart switch app transfer absolutely everything across from the S7?

Soldato
Ive moved from a Note 9 to a S10+ and although the Note 9 was a great phone the camera was a let down for me

The S10+ has the same screen size in a small body and lighter too, this for me is worth the move alone.

I guess for those who use the S-Pen a lot, a move away from the Note would be hard, i never used the Pen at all.

I will also be keeping an eye out for the Note 10 as it could be a game changer this year

Yeah that's my thoughts aswell. I usually always get note phones so might just wait and see what the Note 10 brings.

Soldato
Thinking of getting the S10 to replace my S8. I can get it really cheap too.

Anyone with the S8 upgraded to the S10 yet? Was it worth it?

I've gone from S8+ to S10+ Ceramic Black on the upgrade program with a 40GB Sim Only deal from EE. Definitely seems quicker and battery life also seems improved. The front camera has taken a little getting used to.

The fingerprint sensor is awesome - I could never get on with the back sensor on the S8 and haven't had the issues some people here have experienced. Software wise, my S8+ downloaded Android 9 today as I was wiping it off ready to send to Samsung for trade-in so they do look somewhat identical from that perspective now.....

Associate
Has anyone received a box to send their old phone back yet? Or do I just send it in the box the S10 came in? :confused:

I received an envelope with a return label in and postage bag. It was delivered by Royal Mail the day after the phone. You need to pack it in a box yourself.

Associate
Just had my earbud claim approved. Loving the phone coming from a S7E - battery is lasting all day for me, whereas my S7E was normally at <10% by the end of the day the S10+ is at 50-60%.

Fingerprint sensor is generally pretty good for me, I find its more about hitting the sensor dead on. Also quite like the pill cutout on mine - I prefer it to the notch on my wife’s iPhone XS :)

Back
Top Bottom