Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Caporegime
https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

YkhYMB6.jpg

Later this year, these classic Halo experiences will start to arrive on PC via the Microsoft Store and, for the first time in the series - on Steam. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for us to bring the Halo Universe and Master Chief’s story to a new audience and to offer PC gamers a chance to step into the franchise on the PC platform of their choice.

The Master Chief’s arrival on PC will happen in stages with each title releasing one by one over time - giving the development teams the ability to ensure each one is right, while giving players a chance to jump in right away, rather than having to wait for the entire suite of games to be completed. Our current plan is for this journey to begin with the launch of Halo: Reach – the fictional beginnings of Master Chief’s saga – with the rest of the titles following in chronological order thereafter. Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (Campaign), and Halo 4 will each be available for individual purchase within MCC as they become available. And each game will evolve and grow over time with community input.

For the team at 343 Industries, the most important and critical element of this project is ensuring that MCC delivers a true “first class” experience on PC. We’re embarking on a journey with our community to build a real PC experience that delivers on PC gamer expectations. The team is passionately committed to ensuring that all the features, bells, and whistles expected in a modern PC title are included with MCC. These features may vary somewhat by title, and we won’t get everything in there all at once – this is a product and an experience that will grow and evolve over time. We are laying the groundwork for PC native features such as excellent mouse and keyboard controls, support for multiple resolutions and aspect ratios, field-of-view sliders, and adjustable framerates, to name but a few. And yes, there will be support for Xbox gamepads and other PC controllers.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-pc-halo-reach

Last edited:
Soldato
Bittersweet for me.

I was hoping they were going to knock it out of the park by announcing immediate availability. But alas no. Reach first, on an unannounced date, then going through the series in chronological order. Plus no Game Pass or Play Anywhere confirmation, so it could be another Sunset Overdrive situation where they want people to pay again.

But at least it's coming. And the Steam news was a shocker.

Also, if they're porting MCC one game at a time then I guess this puts to bed the "Xbox One games on PC" rumour that was doing the rounds a few weeks back.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Goodness me. We're probably looking at 3 years or more before the six games (Halo Reach, Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4 and Halo 5) are all done and dusted on PC.

Caporegime
OP
Maybe it's not 5 and is ODST instead unless the 6th game is Halo Infinite. I wasn't 100% paying attention. They are giving more details out at SXSW in the coming days.

Soldato
Halo Waypoint said:
Our current plan is for this journey to begin with the launch of Halo: Reach – the fictional beginnings of Master Chief’s saga – with the rest of the titles following in chronological order thereafter. Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (Campaign), and Halo 4 will each be available for individual purchase within MCC as they become available.

So Halo: Reach to Halo 4 in chronological order. Each game is a separate purchase ($$$).

Associate
I loved halo combat evolved on PC. I've never played any other halo games as I only game on PC so for me these are an instant buy. I just hope it's not a long wait. I think I still have my halo disk kicking about. Wonder if it works on win10

Soldato
I have this collection on XBox One already but I am so bad at console FPS I rarely play it. I own Halo 1 and 2 on PC already but will probably buy these on release.

Associate
Very happy to see this finally happening, I replayed Halo CE & Halo 2 last year on the PC and they both still held up pretty well. I was actually disappointed by the end as I really wanted to continue through the series again, I couldn't be bothered digging out the old xbox 360 and suffering through it with a controller though. I hope they fix the crosshair for the PC versions, it looks and feels bizarre to me being off centre in the console versions.

Hopefully we might get to see Halo 5 ported over at some point too, it would be pretty nice if they can get all of these released before Halo Infinite comes along.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom