Corsair 12v 4pin rgb cable converter to ek 12v 4 pin

Soldato
Hi all i'm trying to locate a specific cable which will allow me to connect my ek rgb gpu waterblock leds to the corsair commander pro hub, my asus mobo has lost all control over its rgb, the corsair kit uses a propriaty 4 pin cable wher as the ek versions have the standard 4 pin 12v connector that works with most motherboards.
does anyone know of such a cable and if one exsists can you point me in the right direction

again thanks for the help

Associate
Unfortunately Corsair uses a proprietary controller so you need to connect and synchronise as best you can between iCue (Corsair) and the AuraSync (Asus) RGB implementation.

The Commander Pro uses a USB 2.0 motherboard header, whereas the EK fans will use the RGB header on the Asus motherboard. Just make sure you use the right motherboard header as their are two different types, one is an Addressable RGB (5V) and a standard RGB (12V).

Soldato
OP
arua no longer sees my mobo i have a strix x299 e on bios 1704,the i/o rgb has stopped working so i've ordered the commander pro with 6 corsair rgb fans, i just need a cable that will allow me to use the gpu block leds with icue, if i can, if not i'd need to buy corsair light strip, and attach that some way to the gpu for control?

cheers

Associate
Hi, if you want to control EKWB block with Corsair Commander, buy the D-RGB version. I can confirm that it works.

I just had to hot-wire one end of the RBG extension cable ie. Akasa AK-CBLD01 (unless you want to cut the wires directly on the block cable and loose warranty) to the Corsair LED stripes entension cable that comes with the LED stripes on the other end. You must keep the correct pin layout (+5V, digital, GND).

Works just fine incl. all the cool effects, rainbow waves etc. that your Commander can do with an ordinary LED stripe.

For pictures see my post here:
https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=974030

Back
Top Bottom