So I've just bought a mint Sony PSP

Soldato
my favourite PSP games were everybody's golf 1 and 2 but there's been newer versions on the vita and PS4 so not sure how they'd look today. I never really liked the GTA games on the PSP. They looked good (at the time) but the story and characters seemed so 2nd rate compared to the console versions, plus it's not the same only having one analogue stick

Associate
OP
my favourite PSP games were everybody's golf 1 and 2 but there's been newer versions on the vita and PS4 so not sure how they'd look today. I never really liked the GTA games on the PSP. They looked good (at the time) but the story and characters seemed so 2nd rate compared to the console versions, plus it's not the same only having one analogue stick

Won't be going for any GTA games but I bought the golf title for 99p off eBay!

Soldato
The system is old, so you should do the right thing and get it cracked. :D
I found both GTA games enjoyable (at the time).
LittleBigPlanet is an awesome game! Already mentioned in this thread, Final Fantasy Crisis Core is great. The remakes of the older Final Fantasies are also decent.
I suggest trying out Loco Roco, Kingdom Hearts and definitely get one of the Burnout games. Patapon is good if you like rythm games.

I've only played the Vita version of everybody's golf, but if the PSP version is even half as good then it'll be enjoyable!

Associate
OP
The system is old, so you should do the right thing and get it cracked. :D
I found both GTA games enjoyable (at the time).
LittleBigPlanet is an awesome game! Already mentioned in this thread, Final Fantasy Crisis Core is great. The remakes of the older Final Fantasies are also decent.
I suggest trying out Loco Roco, Kingdom Hearts and definitely get one of the Burnout games. Patapon is good if you like rythm games.

I've only played the Vita version of everybody's golf, but if the PSP version is even half as good then it'll be enjoyable!

Quite happy to leave it be. Getting to that age where I want a proper collection of all computers and consoles.

So far I have XboxOneX, PS4, Wii U, Original Xbox, PSP and still looking for an original Amiga to tinker with. It's a start!

Caporegime
if you have psn plus then you will likely have a host of games.

the most important thing is get yourself some cheap vita cards off ebay. I don't know why they never used SD cards. it's shocking. if you hack your PSP then you can buy an SD card adaptor which works.

so maybe worth doing to save yourself a fortune on VITA cards.

Soldato
I've got an original psp-1000 imported from Japan somewhere. If I remember correctly it had a better display that the one release here.

Never really got on with it though but did have some fun on GTA.

Reading this makes me want to break it out again but would expect I'd need a new battery as it would be beyond flat by now.

Back
Top Bottom