GT86/GR86/BRZ

Man of Honour
It's that just for the parts, not including labour or license for the tune etc. Also you can still buy them.

Point still stands, it's discontinued.

Fensport will sell you one, fit it and tune it for £5700ish so still way off £8000.

The Programming kit and license are £250+225 if you wanted to fit yourself and use the Cosworth OTS tune

Soldato
The original RRP for SC, manifold, front pipe and catback including ECUtek license and dongle was 8k, fit yourself at home off the shelf 280bhp package. I'm still running the full Cosworth exhaust and tempted to go with the SC just to keep it a complete Cosworth car even though I really don't need the extra power.

Soldato
TD are a good bunch of guys.

You probably already know but if you've got their headers then it cuts a little from the FI conversion price because it also forms part of their turbo kit

Yeah, that was a consideration. But, I got offered a Tomei clone for next to no money and it was a no brainer to have that instead. I'd argue it's better made as well, but makes a little less power. Sounds epic though. :)

Associate
That's awesome. We need all the details.

What turbo and who is fitting it?

It's with Mike and Nick at Tuning Developments, previously running their UEL manifold and exhaust.

Engine wise its having fitted :

the Tuning Developments turbo package
Oil cooler

It's also getting:
MTEC Shift springs - to sharpen up the gear shift
KSport 356mm Big brake kit up front - largely because big brakes....

It's currently on KW v3 Coilovers so suspension is sorted.

Next move is going to be replacing the wheels. The previous owner fitted a heavily staggered 19" Setup which looks great in kind of a "Stance Nation" way - There's some pretty extreme camber on the 10.5" rears... But they are heavy, add loads of road noise and aren't right for the dynamics of the car so I've got my eye on some 18" Rays Gramlight 57Xtremes. They were going to be the first thing I changed on the car but I got so many compliments on the old ones I decided to keep them for a while but its time to move on...

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't go any larger than 17" wheels tbh as it will just make everything worse. If you can't fit the big brakes under them you can use up to 30mm spacers.

Last edited:
Associate
Good choice with the wheels, it's what I currently have on mine but I went with a slightly wider rear for if I go forced induction in the future.

Any pics?

I wouldn't go any larger than 17" wheels tbh as it will just make everything worse. If you can't fit the big brakes under them you can use up to 30mm spacers.

Not a chance of me going 17, I understand why you say that and I realise there are advantages but I just don't like the way they look.

Soldato
Any pics?

After a quick surface wash last weekend, put the wheels back on as I had them in the garage for the worst part of winter.

gt8619_01.jpg

gt8619_02.jpg

Soldato
It's with Mike and Nick at Tuning Developments, previously running their UEL manifold and exhaust.

Engine wise its having fitted :

the Tuning Developments turbo package
Oil cooler

It's also getting:
MTEC Shift springs - to sharpen up the gear shift
KSport 356mm Big brake kit up front - largely because big brakes....

It's currently on KW v3 Coilovers so suspension is sorted.

Next move is going to be replacing the wheels. The previous owner fitted a heavily staggered 19" Setup which looks great in kind of a "Stance Nation" way - There's some pretty extreme camber on the 10.5" rears... But they are heavy, add loads of road noise and aren't right for the dynamics of the car so I've got my eye on some 18" Rays Gramlight 57Xtremes. They were going to be the first thing I changed on the car but I got so many compliments on the old ones I decided to keep them for a while but its time to move on...

Sounds like.its gonna be epic! How much improvement did you notice from the UEL manifold and exhaust? And how much has your insurance now gone up by?

Associate
Sounds like.its gonna be epic! How much improvement did you notice from the UEL manifold and exhaust? And how much has your insurance now gone up by?
I didn't have it remapped at that point so not as much as someone who did that properly but I knew the turbo was a few months away and didn't really want to pay for an extra mapping session. Without the map it definitely felt a bit more eager but it was also suddenly making all the right noises so its hard to know what was real and what was just because it sounded faster.

Insurance in total is probably ~£200 a year up on what I could get on a totally standard car. The turbo added an extra £80 a year on its own.

Associate
After a quick surface wash last weekend, put the wheels back on as I had them in the garage for the worst part of winter.

gt8619_01.jpg

gt8619_02.jpg
Looking good but yeah it would look even better off of the stilts!
I'm weighing up keeping a small stagger with 8.5 front 9.5 rear or going 9.5 all round which does add a little too much poke at the front.
I notice they also do a type 2 face option on the 8.5s now which has the same concave as the 9.5s instead of the older flatter Face 1 profile.

Last edited:
Soldato
Best to keep them all the same size, with wider wheels on the rear you might increase understeer and no one likes that. It might end up cornering like an Audi :p

Associate
Best to keep them all the same size, with wider wheels on the rear you might increase understeer and no one likes that. It might end up cornering like an Audi :p
By the time camber is dialed an extra cm or so of tyre isn't going to make much difference but yeah that's the reason I'm considering options.

Back
Top Bottom