The Division 2

Soldato
I've played to level three and am enjoying it.

Taking my time as I blasted through the first one.

It's good. The world seems a bit empty but I get the feeling that the streets will populate a bit once you complete some missions . I might be wrong though.

Soldato
I have it on pre-order with Amazon, it's one of a few games I play online for mates - so it was going to be a purchase. I tried the open beta, and it played much the same as the first, but the environment didn't grab me as much as NYC.

Associate
Jumped on myself last night, really enjoying it (didnt play the first one, but played the BETA) Up to level 4 and only really played the same parts as the beta so far. This is going to be a huge time sink! So much to do and so much loot.

From those who played the first game, how do you know which gun is better and which ones to keep?! there are so many dropping.

Soldato
Jumped on myself last night, really enjoying it (didnt play the first one, but played the BETA) Up to level 4 and only really played the same parts as the beta so far. This is going to be a huge time sink! So much to do and so much loot.

From those who played the first game, how do you know which gun is better and which ones to keep?! there are so many dropping.

It can get quite deep, the whole 'which is better' malarky - maybe not so much at the lower levels; but certainly later on (in the first game that is!).

It used to be, and probably still is - white guns are your entry level, then green, then purple, yellow and finally red. Depending on your play style, i.e. if you wish to 'tank' and do lots of damage - keep anything that has a higher value on your DPS rating; that goes for guns and kit. The trade off, is that you will often lose points against the tech damage (for turrets/drones) and health rating. If you'd rather keep back and help the team, you might want to focus on kit that increases the damage of your skills - the aforementioned turret or drone.

In the first game, later on, they introduced a whole additional dimension to the weapons and kit - you would get extra benefits, if wearing a certain matching set of kit, and your ratings would also unlock abilities on the guns - I think they were red guns.

Personally, I didn't really care too much about all these subtle bits, and just kept upping my DPS rating :D

Associate
on the first game, they had something called world tiers (up to tier 5 I believe) which is where the best rolls on weapons and armour came from.
The way im playing D2 up until the level cap im looking at the damage amount first followed by the weapons main stat, so SMG I would look at mag capacity and RPM, marksman rifle would be distance/damage drop off etc. Once I hit level cap it will be more on the overall roll of the weapon to get that upper hand in PvP :)

Caporegime
I got bored of the BETA and still ended up buying this, purely because of the Argentina store much cheapness last week..... is there any sort of clan functionality on this? OcUK one going on Xbox?

I hope the RNG isn't as bad as the first when crafting.

Back
Top Bottom