**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
You will get refund on the price you paid for the S10.

You can also ask for your trade-in phone back or a refund for the current trade-in price.
Ah ok, I wasn't sure if they'd be able to locate the old phone. I presume the 'current trade in price' isn't the full amount they offered against the S10 for it?

Soldato
Ah ok, I wasn't sure if they'd be able to locate the old phone. I presume the 'current trade in price' isn't the full amount they offered against the S10 for it?

Assuming your phone meets the minimum requirements set out in clause 5.2 you should receive the full trade-in value price if they can't return your old phone.

6.3 If you exercise your right to cancel and return your product during the 28 day cooling off period, or if we have agreed to pay you a refund because the product we have provided you with is defective, we will endeavour to return your Existing Handset to you, but we cannot guarantee its return. In the event that we are unable to recover your Existing Handset, we will provide you with a cash equivalent price for the Existing Handset, based on the price currently payable for your Existing Handset on the Samsung Recycle website (www.samsungrecycle.co.uk). Any such cash payment will be made by MTR, on behalf of Samsung.

However the trade-in price offered on www.samsungrecycle.co.uk seems to be much less than what was offered on pre-order. :(

Source: https://images.samsung.com/is/conte...nd-conditions-final-legal-approved-launch.pdf

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got this.

Not entirely clear (doesn't explicitly state) - but I assume that means my trade in was accepted in the state it was sent?

rJt1I06.png

Associate
Has anybody traded in a phone with cracked front screen? Im trying to work out how much my normally £200-worth S7 Edge will be worth, as I have since dropped the phone and cracked the screen. Their T&Cs state they charge up to £100 for any damage, so Im expect the cracked screen to half the price of it.

Associate
Yes received the same email as well. Would have said something along the lines of being rejected otherwise.
I used the Samsung trade in as well. But have not got my trade in pack through the post. Talked to them loads on the live chat and keep getting told it'll be here soon. Getting fed up now, just want to send my old phone off and get everything sorted.

Soldato
I used the Samsung trade in as well. But have not got my trade in pack through the post. Talked to them loads on the live chat and keep getting told it'll be here soon. Getting fed up now, just want to send my old phone off and get everything sorted.
Strange. Mine arrived the same Friday as the phone (with royal mail)

Soldato
Has anybody traded in a phone with cracked front screen? Im trying to work out how much my normally £200-worth S7 Edge will be worth, as I have since dropped the phone and cracked the screen. Their T&Cs state they charge up to £100 for any damage, so Im expect the cracked screen to half the price of it.
A tiny (4mm by 1mm) area of dead pixels right in the corner and I didn't get penalised. Cracked screen is quite different though as the terms explicitly state it must not be cracked.

Then again I had the same understanding as you of the terms - that even if you intentionally send something that doesn't meet the requirements, the worst they can do is take £100 from you - seems bizarre though so you might want to call and check. Maybe that goes out of the window if you explicitly lie and check the box that says you agree the phone meets the terms (when you know it is clearly cracked)

Caporegime
Sorry G-Man, how are you getting the key? Samsung is giving me keys that dont work , ie KLM.

Ive spent hours on this and im losing the plot :( :)

Try this one: https://seap.samsung.com/license-keys/generate/edu

They last three months and then you have to generate a new one. However, on the main page I've just noticed that Samsung is stopping these keys in July which means SABS will no longer function past then. :( It seems we'll have to move over to a similar ad blocker called Adhell 3 which, like SABS, was shut down but fortunately uses the KLM keys rather than the old. It might be worth just getting it now actually, but I'm going to wait until July.

https://www.gadget-rumours.com/how-...ell-3-1-1-with-new-standard-knox-license-key/

Associate
I am debating if I should buy the S10e can a get a decent £110 of retail price but I like the iPhone 8 size and in hand feel just right but I also like a bigger screen and one ui looks good .... what to do ?

Soldato
I am debating if I should buy the S10e can a get a decent £110 of retail price but I like the iPhone 8 size and in hand feel just right but I also like a bigger screen and one ui looks good .... what to do ?
Same debate myself, although I'm currently on 6T so doesn't make much sense but when did sense ever come into buying tech!
May I ask where you're getting this £110 off?

Back
Top Bottom