Correct age for men to stop using gel/wax products etc. in their hair?

Man of Honour
I'm unable to tell if clay is genuinely a hair product ?

But - you stop using these products and just use shampoo+conditioner when you mature beyond the clutches of the advertising industry, and become your own man,
or have no hair left, whichever comes first.

Always amusing in the leisure centre changing rooms how long it takes for youngsters to apply all this ... wrong priorities .. eg they should be learning to avoid their fast food diets.

[

yes I thought that was relevant .. but some of those are vanities.
]
Newsflash - humans are (generally) vain and take pride in their appearance.

Soldato
Ridiculous thread.

People can take pride in their appearance for as long as they want.

If it looks decent and makes them feel better then they can wear hair products until they are 100 for all I care.

Associate
I stopped recently at 35. Got fed up of the time it took, powdery residue on the headrest of my car / office seat / headboard etc, having to take products when going on holiday / work hotels etc.... Lots of reasons.

I'm married with a family and a decent job so I feel I can now lower my standards :) Got myself a decent set of clippers and give myself a #2 buzz cut every weekend. No more hassle venturing out to the barbers anymore.

#givenuponlife

Caporegime
What? What the **** does any of that have to do with someone rubbing clay into their head?

I'm unable to tell if clay is genuinely a hair product ?

But - you stop using these products and just use shampoo+conditioner when you mature beyond the clutches of the advertising industry, and become your own man,
or have no hair left, whichever comes first.

It's not literally "clay" out of the ground, my god.

Personal style has nothing to do with the advertising industry, there is nothing more immature and less independent than being bound and constrained by the opinions of others and societal judgements.

Soldato
It's not literally "clay" out of the ground, my god.
It was malevolences reference to the potteries towns that gave me doubts ... assumed it was an in joke.

edit adding something : but the male products advertising industry is effective at setting trends and pursuading folks they need x,y,z
eg. a beard, or particular perfume , brill cream.... Did you indeed make that choice yourself ?

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't use any product (I'm 47), but I wouldn't let some arbitrary or societal norm stop me from doing so. I'll wear whatever I want how I want until the day I die and I could not care less what anyone else thinks and I refuse to conform to any age-related norms, what sort of man allows someone else or wider society to dicate to him what he can and can't wear?

For the record I'm generally in suede footwear (usually Desert boots, i've been a DB guy all my life) and slim fit or skinny jeans (i'm in good shape) because wider fits just do not feel or look as good and I actually quite enjoy the fact that it probably winds people up and gets them sneering because I know if i've upset your little world view, I've won.

You're a long time dead and I won't spend my life adhering to petty little rules, because If I allowed myself to be cowed by pea-brained conformists I would be no better than them, the FLOCK.

"It's sheep we're up against...sheep we're up against...sheep we're up against"

Back
Top Bottom