Quiet gaming mouse & keyboard for streaming/youtube

Associate
Hi everyone

As the title indicates, can you please recommend a mouse and keyboard that's quiet, as what I use at the moment is way too loud.

Wired or wireless is fine, I'll be using it for gaming and work but will also be using it for streaming and recording.

Many thanks

Associate
I have the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum and it's really quiet, especially for a mechanical keyboard. It's also really nice to use, but they are a little on the crazy side for pricing.

As for a mouse, no idea, I'm not in the best place to comment as I need an ambidextrous mouse as I like to switch between left and right hand, so have the Roccat Kova which isn't shaped for for right/left handed use.

Associate
I have the Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum which uses the same switches as the G810 that KungFuSpaghetti has and can vouch for how quiet they are for a mechanical keyboard.

The Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent I think should be a quieter option but does come with a heftier price tag. Stay away from Cherry MX Blues (and their clones) they are loud.

As far as mice go, it's more important to get a comfortable shape in my opinion. Although Zowie mice have some of the comfiest shapes, I can't recommend these for your use case because they have loud Huano microswitches . You would probably be best looking at Steelseries mice like the Rival range.

Associate
As above, avoid Cherry MX Blue or Blacks as they are like a 70's typewriter!

Only thing I would say also, is avoid Razor in my experience, I've never had a product from them last beyond a year or it's warranty period.

OP certainly needs a top kb and mouse to go with that setup in his sig, that's an enviable system you have there!

Associate
Bought the wife a Corsair Strafe RGB with silent mx switches for Xmas.

She loves the flashing lights but isn’t keen on the noise of mechanical keyboards so bought some O rings and it’s damn near silent when typing on now.

Best

Wulf

Associate
OP
@Wulfster I'm thinking of going for the Corsair Strafe RGB with silent mx switches, what size o-rings did you get? Just in case I need to reduce the noise further I want to make sure I get the correct size, thanks.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
@Wulfster cheers

@R3X thank you, I'll probably go looking for wired silent mice. My recent bout of issues with wireless has currently put me off at the moment. But I do appreciate the input

I know what you mean about the wireless issues but I have the M330 and no wireless issues at all. Same with my wireless quiet keyboard, I bought 2 usb 2.0
short usb cables roughly 1 metre each plugged them into the mainboards usb ports (usb 2.0) and ran both usb cables to the top desk, then attached both wireless dongles to them so there maybe 6-7 inches away from the keyboard/mouse.

Its important to stick to usb 2.0 motherboard ports and short usb 2.0 cables, usb 3.0 is hit and miss and glitchy for some reason, just like the front panel usb ports are glitchy. I find usb hubs equally hit and miss but maybe better quality ones are more reliable but nothing tops the motherboards usb ports.

Took 20 years but I can now right click a mouse at 4am without waking up the street there is a wired version that maybe the same here:

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/b110-silent-mouse

Associate
OP
I ended up going for the Corsair STRAFE RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Cherry MX Silent Switches (got the o-rings too) and so far I'm enjoying it it as I wear it in. Now the only thing I am struggling with is the quiet mouse, I've determined I need one with two thumb buttons on the side also, but looking around, most that I seem to find are wireless which is frustrating, but I feel I may end up needing to go that route.

Thank you everyone that has contributed thus far, it's definitely given me focus on what to look for and hopefully, I'll soon get the mouse that fits for me.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom