43” 4K HDR

Associate
Hi All

I am looking to upgrade my 40” Samsung UE40H6400 TV.

I’d like to upgrade to a 4K HDR panel no more than 43” and I’ve come across the Samsung UE43NU7470 which is reviewed well.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Caporegime
I don't think any 43" panel can do hdr properly. Majority are ips panels so 8 bit. They don't go bright enough either. It's a fake hdr with dithering.

Rtings if I recall correctly says Sony is the best 43" you can buy

Caporegime
43" 4k is pointless unless your sat 3ft away from the screen.

That is completely wrong. Spread by graphs based on nothing.

A 4k screen unlocks higher bit rate content which is much clearer for a start. The difference in the quality of the source is increased massively.

Then the fact is everyone has different vision. I have better than 20/20 and I've always been able to see signs and read stuff from miles away. I've had eye tests done and the different opticians have all told me my eyesight is perfect.

So I can see the difference of 4k on a 43" screen from 9 feet away easy.

People need to stop spreading the myth of you needing at least 50 inches to see 4k.

The higher bit rate content can be easily distinguishable against its 1080p counterparts.

Soldato
That is completely wrong. Spread by graphs based on nothing.

A 4k screen unlocks higher bit rate content which is much clearer for a start. The difference in the quality of the source is increased massively.

Then the fact is everyone has different vision. I have better than 20/20 and I've always been able to see signs and read stuff from miles away. I've had eye tests done and the different opticians have all told me my eyesight is perfect.

So I can see the difference of 4k on a 43" screen from 9 feet away easy.

People need to stop spreading the myth of you needing at least 50 inches to see 4k.

The higher bit rate content can be easily distinguishable against its 1080p counterparts.

I agree - according to Apple, no more than 326 ppi on a phone is needed, yet it's quite easy to tell the difference between 720p, 1080p and 1440p on a phone with the same size screen.

You might not be able to distinguish individual pixels unless you're close enough, but that doesn't mean you can't notice the increase in sharpness of a picture, as well as the other benefits mentioned above.

Associate
I have better than 20/20

Same! Had my eyes tested for the first time since I was a kid, I could read two lines below the 20/20 line. Was pretty shocked when he pointed out the 20/20 line it was massive haha.

However when I was kid I was told I needed glasses!!! I never got a pair because I knew I did not not need them never once had a problem seeing anything. Just trying to sell more glasses!

Caporegime
Thanks for the input chaps -

I picked up the most recent WhatHiFi mag and they recommend this TV as best in class for 43" - Did you decide to pull the trigger on this model?

What HiFi aren't that good they tend to give good ratings to their sponsors. People who pay them for advertising.

Soldato
I just bought the Samsung 7400 for my mum for mothers day. It performs decently in HDR and aside from poor viewing angles is a nice TV. Doesn't compare to my OLED but I got it for a smidge over £350 so good value imo.

Back
Top Bottom