Stutter in games with high end system

Soldato
16 gig not 32 gig of ram, make sure you not swapping out due to lack of memory, probably not the case if no background stuff open, but check to be sure.

Associate
superfetch on mine only shows on the services when you do it thru ctrl alt delete > task manager > services

then find sysmain in the left hand pane and it should say prefetch in the next pane on the same line.

Associate
OP
Ok so I used doc latency checker and I had some latency spikes during some of the stutter but not all of it only some if the worst ones

No idea what that means

Associate
Ok so I used doc latency checker and I had some latency spikes during some of the stutter but not all of it only some if the worst ones

No idea what that means
I feel your pain, I bought a 2080ti and experienced two days of woe troubleshooting.

Save yourself some aggro, grab a psu from the rainforest (superflower) and see how it goes. It will either fix your issue or identify cpu as the fault.

Associate
OP
Cant get a super flower one so I've ordered a corsair HXi 1000 ro replace my rm850x which I will just return to amazon. The hxi is 80 plus platinum and seems like a really nice psu

Soldato
I have never heard of a psu causing stuttering but I suppose its possible, if there is momentary lapses of voltage, I would expect a system lockup instead but if you ruled everything else out yeah try it and see.

Associate
OP
I have never heard of a psu causing stuttering but I suppose its possible, if there is momentary lapses of voltage, I would expect a system lockup instead but if you ruled everything else out yeah try it and see.

I have the same view, I always thought if a psu is faulty the system wont boot or lock up under load but I dont know what else to try

Soldato
Ironically I am seeing issues myself which I think may be psu related and just posted on it, in my case I think a weak pus is possibly disabling cuda cores, however it isnt causing stuttering just lower overall frame rate.

Good luck with your swap.

Associate
OP
Thanks, annoyingly Amazon wont refund my psu as it's just out of the return window so instead I'm getting a straight swap

Is 850w enough for a rtx2080 and 9900k both overclocked?

Associate
If swapping the PSU doesn't help maybe try a clean install but don't change anything except install the latest graphics driver. I wonder if any Windows options you changed could be causing a problem.

Associate
OP
I've not really changed much in windows other than disabling background apps and privacy settings and tweaking appearance. All I have I stalled are:
Corsair icue (installed but keyboard and fans on hardware mode with app closed)
Gigabyte fusion lighting set app closed
Logitech ghub installed but not running
All my motherboard drivers

I run a pretty lite system with not much installed. Ive had a play of pubg today and again huge frametime spikes and frame drops at random some are quiet bad. I just want to game smoothly is that too much to ask :(

Associate
OP
Ok new psu installed and no change I still get random spikes where the fps will drop from 95 to 50 and straight back up. I've now ordered a 9900k but in all honesty I have no idea if this will fix it

Associate
that's a bummer

did you stop the sysmain and prefetch services?

only other thing I can think to do is set bios back to default and delete the corsair,GB and Logitech programs,reboot and try again.

I seem to recall when I had the corsair rm1000i, icue was causing some lag issues for me,i think they patched it but at this stage might as well try for nothing.

Associate
Ok new psu installed and no change I still get random spikes where the fps will drop from 95 to 50 and straight back up. I've now ordered a 9900k but in all honesty I have no idea if this will fix it

Rubbish news, so basically everything has been replaced now bar the CPU?

Have you tried with G-Sync disabled? Sometimes this can cause stutter with some DP cables, regardless of their spec.

Back
Top Bottom