The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Dragon Quest XI - 9/10

Really loved this game, one of the few I have complete and got 100% achievements on steam for it. Game is linear in terms of the main story in that there is no deviation, but what a story with twists and turns which make it amazing. I have to confess its been a while since I can remember a game with a team whom I feel I will be able to remember as much as this one. There is a decent amount of voice acting and when it is, its brilliant. Been a while in which a game had me laughing out loud that I must have looked like a manic. Likewise there are some pretty deep moments.

May need to get used to the style of game and art style if you have not played JRPG, but being someone who has not really played any, found it pretty charming at times. I gather lead artist was from Dragon Ball series so can see some influence there. In terms of combat, its pretty simple on the surface and easy, but can be more deep when trying to synergies your party, more so on harder levels / boss's and difficulties.

+ Story is great
+ Companions are amazing, some of the lines and banter is fantastic and memorable
+ Game is fairly lengthy in terms of content
+ Combat is both simple and deep at same time
+ Art style is great
+ Performance is solid (at least on PC's I play) everything loads instantly

- Being linear, there are some moments which if I had influence over would be nice to change
- Can be a bit of a grind to build and create the best weapons (though not really needed and expected to an extent)

Associate
Grip : Combat Racing

Looks good, is either fun to play or incredibly annoying at times. Though i was 16 hours in, on the last few races when the game crashed and wiped my save. Not sure if i want to go back and start again.

if there was no issues with it, i'd give it a 8/10. However, dropping to 5 as there are numerous bugs, glitches and issues that drag it down.

Soldato
XCOM 2 - 9/10

A fantastic game in my opinion. The only thing that lets it down is an inconsistent difficulty curve (mostly due to the Archon King turning multiple missions in to a death trap that required a lot of save scumming to complete the objective AND chase him off). After he eventually went down, it was easy street again all the way up to the final mission, where I got the one lucky break when I had one of my few remaining squad that wasn't mind-controlled/dead come out of 'panicked' just in time to get the killer shot on the last Archon.

Edge of the seat stuff for me. Very worthy storyline. Great fun all the way, PC style.
I started this a few sessions ago. Finished the 1st game (no DLC) years ago so jumped right in to war of chosen. There seems to be a lot more to juggle in this one.
I AM loving it but think maybe prefer the tactical "simplicity" of the 1st game

Soldato
Ni no Kuni™ II: Revenant Kingdom - 7.5/10

This is a bit of a weird game. At start its actually great fun and in theory blends together elements I tend to like, however you will soon realise after a dozen or so hours in the kingdom building element is largely padded out. Most of the side quests are about trying to hire people for your kingdom of which you need certain people to do certain research to unlock certain items. Problem is with 100 or so people to recruit, so many of the quests are fetch this item which in some cases requires farming over and over or go here and kill monster XYZ. All very same old. In all I only probably played about 30 hours of gameplay but the save game file clocked up about 90 hours as most the time, game was running in background to just earn resources. This bit is not needed per say to do main story, but is good to do, more so with harder post game content as you get new items / spells this way.

The main story itself is reasonably solid, nothing special. Combat is fun and fluid for most the part and one of those, easy to learn, hard to master if your want to synergiese. The art work is likewise great. I think the game in part got as rave reviews as it did to be honest as most did not go deep into the kingdom building which fun initially gets tedious.

+ Plays smooth
+ Combat is great
+ Art style is nice

= Main story is serviceable
= Mixed bag of companions
= some of the lines are very basic and simple in this game
= Can be annoying at times way most conversations go

- Kingdom building while fun initially, gets quiet boring. Almost feels like those mobile games

Associate
Assassin's creed Rogue - 6.5/10.
Having played this after a significant gap from Black Flag, I still felt like I was playing the same game. The game itself did not clarify much on the core story line but was probably laying foundation for the next games in the series. Did shed some light on post Desmond Miles events in one of the temples that I was not clear on when I played the previous games based on the emails and notes collected. There were still some minor bugs in the game with one or two occasions where I was stuck during hiding in a bush. Enjoyed the naval game play much like the previous game.
Probably going to skip Unity and Syndicate, as I have managed to grab AC : Origins on the sale. Hopefully I havent missed much, might watch some youtube videos to be upto speed.

Man of Honour
OP
Assassin's creed Rogue - 6.5/10.
Having played this after a significant gap from Black Flag, I still felt like I was playing the same game. The game itself did not clarify much on the core story line but was probably laying foundation for the next games in the series. Did shed some light on post Desmond Miles events in one of the temples that I was not clear on when I played the previous games based on the emails and notes collected. There were still some minor bugs in the game with one or two occasions where I was stuck during hiding in a bush. Enjoyed the naval game play much like the previous game.
Probably going to skip Unity and Syndicate, as I have managed to grab AC : Origins on the sale. Hopefully I havent missed much, might watch some youtube videos to be upto speed.

I liked the story angle of Rpgue, but I skipped all but the main quests and just rushed through it.

I didn’t mind unity and syndicate - they do some things better than origins and odyssey. Perhaps do them after origins and odyssey.

Soldato
Wasteland 2: Directors Cut - 8.5/10

Really enjoyed this game, if your a fan of the genera is a blast to play. There is a learning curve and as the name implies there is an element of survival in that Ammo can be rare initially, you need play smart in terms of medic in some games, pick the right weapons and so on. But once you get going, it is an absolute blast to play, well recommend it. You do need to do some manual digging and investigative work, there is no compass marker saying you need to go here or there, no single way to complete quests and so on. In terms of content, its also fairly long, at least 50 hours.

+ Gameplay is great
+ Quests are open and flexible in how you approach them
+ Art style works great
+ Atmospheric
+ Works great on most systems
+ Quiet a gray world at times rather then black and white

- Levelling companions can be a pain. To an extent as companions your not using do not level up when in use, it means they quickly get left behind so usually a team you roll with will become it

Associate
I liked the story angle of Rpgue, but I skipped all but the main quests and just rushed through it.

I didn’t mind unity and syndicate - they do some things better than origins and odyssey. Perhaps do them after origins and odyssey.

If they were under a tenner or so then I would have considered buying them. Knowing how many bugs unity had post launch, I wasnt sure if any had been fixed and didnt want to spend time making it playable. The Syndicate Gold edition comes to about £17.5 and the origins was £18 for me so decided to go with that. But will consider buying them cheap and play through as you suggested. Odyssey is probably not on my horizon until it gets to sub £20 price, which it might do in a few months.
The bit that disappointed me with the series was the story outside of the Animus ie Desmond's. The stories inside the animus are still interesting and worth playing but not sure if they are leading to anything in respect to the story outside of the animus. I am quite impressed how the developers have baked the stories with real world historic events and how cohesive those are.

Last edited:
Soldato
REmake 2 but already started a second run on Hardcore with Claire.

8.5 or maybe even 9 out of 10 as I still have lots of stuff to do:p Great atmosphere and graphics, runs great, solid reimagining of the orignal and a true return to survival horror roots. The game's also been made with multiple playthroughs in mind and is a speedrunner's heaven.

Some annoying stuff and I wish A/B scenarios were more different but we still have four variations + unlockable modes.

Would recommend to every survival horror fan and even people new to RE. Capcom is on a winning streak right now with this and DMC5.

Soldato
South park fractured butt whole (switch) loved it but the last part dragged on and the ending was well disappointing considering everything prior in the game.

Switch had some technical issues too but there well documated I only had two of them so gets an 7/10

Soldato
Wolfenstien 2: The new colossus 6/10

Loved the new order, but appart from better graphics and being able to kill Hitler, added little.

Soldato
Wasteland 2: Directors Cut - 8.5/10

Really enjoyed this game, if your a fan of the genera is a blast to play. There is a learning curve and as the name implies there is an element of survival in that Ammo can be rare initially, you need play smart in terms of medic in some games, pick the right weapons and so on. But once you get going, it is an absolute blast to play, well recommend it. You do need to do some manual digging and investigative work, there is no compass marker saying you need to go here or there, no single way to complete quests and so on. In terms of content, its also fairly long, at least 50 hours.

+ Gameplay is great
+ Quests are open and flexible in how you approach them
+ Art style works great
+ Atmospheric
+ Works great on most systems
+ Quiet a gray world at times rather then black and white

- Levelling companions can be a pain. To an extent as companions your not using do not level up when in use, it means they quickly get left behind so usually a team you roll with will become it

Coming in just after you on posts relating to this game again! :D

I'd agree with your rating too, I think.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and I'd add appreciative comments about the depth of the character and levelling system and the options it allows. However, this also opens up reflections on negatives associated with skills and stats though - some really pointless skills and some fairly unambiguous dump stats. Also, some clearly fairly useless weapons. It all could have used a bit more balancing, really.

I also thought the final battle was very underwhelming as well. So much so that after it ended I named my savegame "final battle post round 1." I just assumed there must be more to come, but of course there wasn't. It left me with a bit of a flat feeling for my final moments with the game, which was disappointing.

But the world was great, it was full of character, the combat was fun, there were loads of options for character builds and quest approaches and outcomes. I got 66 hours from it and very much enjoyed pretty much all of them.

I really hope Wasteland 3 is able to build on the great foundations of this game.

Soldato
Coming in just after you on posts relating to this game again! :D

I'd agree with your rating too, I think.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and I'd add appreciative comments about the depth of the character and levelling system and the options it allows. However, this also opens up reflections on negatives associated with skills and stats though - some really pointless skills and some fairly unambiguous dump stats. Also, some clearly fairly useless weapons. It all could have used a bit more balancing, really.

I also thought the final battle was very underwhelming as well. So much so that after it ended I named my savegame "final battle post round 1." I just assumed there must be more to come, but of course there wasn't. It left me with a bit of a flat feeling for my final moments with the game, which was disappointing.

But the world was great, it was full of character, the combat was fun, there were loads of options for character builds and quest approaches and outcomes. I got 66 hours from it and very much enjoyed pretty much all of them.

I really hope Wasteland 3 is able to build on the great foundations of this game.

:D

Yeah agree in regards to weapons. Some lines were largely useless really which was kind of sad, hopefully we do see a revision with number 3. Also yep in regards to the final battle. I was expecting a sort of Act 3 to be honest, after going back to Arizona, but was very meh sadly.

Indeed, looking forward to number 3. World, quest and overall grittiness of the world was fantastic here.

Associate
...Wreckfest. Bought this on early access in 2014, and have been playing it on and off since then. Enjoyed the completed career mode, though it got a bit samey after a while. All in all a good purchase

7/10

Back
Top Bottom