AUTOBRITE DIRECT GRAND OPENING & OcUK IS INVITED! OcUK CAR MEET MARCH 24th!!

Associate
OMG!

Love the sound, great stock, of course it can be better, just whether its worth hassle and cost really. Thanks for getting that, will certainly have to get a tunnel run.
It was Hollie who was recording luckily. I'll pass on the thanks to her :cool:. Your car sounds so good as it is. I'm very jealous! I'd love a ride in it at Donington ;):cool::D
Look at that stupid grin on my face :D
Haha I think we all made the same face. I look forward to the next meet.

Soldato
@Gibbo Paintwork looks stunning in the sun shine there. On that note any recommendations as to which exterior detailing package to go for from Autobrite. Car is a 6 year old C63 and feels like it deserves a bit of love and hopefully protection. Are the more expensive packages worth it?

Caporegime
Saw that earlier, unfair and biased reporting (as ever!) in my opinion, Autobright weren’t in the wrong here and the actions of idiots outside is beyond their control, so typical that traffic wardens saw an opportunity to make a few quid in people parked and not causing any obstruction, I understand the Police attendance but the wardens was a joke - I load off that estate regularly and in the week you see all manner of illegal parking and not a sign of them, cash grabbing kill joys!

Ultimately, had the moronic element not acted as they did none of this would have happened, but it was a shame I had to leave early to avoid an unwarranted ticket.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo Paintwork looks stunning in the sun shine there. On that note any recommendations as to which exterior detailing package to go for from Autobrite. Car is a 6 year old C63 and feels like it deserves a bit of love and hopefully protection. Are the more expensive packages worth it?

I’ve no idea I’m afraid I handed them the car and left them to it took them a whole day and no idea what they did. They did say it could do with a stage 2 but did not have time so I think they gave it a basic correction, polish and used a wax they don’t sell called legacy. They did glass polish and seal too.

I did exhaust tips and sealed wheels myself no idea on prices as I’m on mates rates. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Saw that earlier, unfair and biased reporting (as ever!) in my opinion, Autobright weren’t in the wrong here and the actions of idiots outside is beyond their control, so typical that traffic wardens saw an opportunity to make a few quid in people parked and not causing any obstruction, I understand the Police attendance but the wardens was a joke - I load off that estate regularly and in the week you see all manner of illegal parking and not a sign of them, cash grabbing kill joys!

Ultimately, had the moronic element not acted as they did none of this would have happened, but it was a shame I had to leave early to avoid an unwarranted ticket.

I actually spoke to a couple of officers and they said they had no issue with the meet. Their issue was idiots and they did a couple of patrols to show their presence but people were still be stupid so another police car arrived with traffic wardens to issue tickets to give people the idea.

The officers themselves did not want to shut the event as they want local business to succeed hence pulling in traffic wardens so in fairness the police were very fair and easy to talk too but people won’t listen and then spoil it for all.

As per usual it was some chavs in crap boxes spoiled it for all.

Autobrite had arranged a super car parade and a classic car parade neither of which happened due to all the idiots causing issues so everyone remained parked apart from an Aston Vanquish and an MP4-12C.

When I left loads were about with cameras saying send it and well I tootled off at 10mph.

I did not want to be like that Lamborghini Performante which got totalled on Sunday big style trying to show off.

Caporegime
I actually spoke to a couple of officers and they said they had no issue with the meet. Their issue was idiots and they did a couple of patrols to show their presence but people were still be stupid so another police car arrived with traffic wardens to issue tickets to give people the idea.

The officers themselves did not want to shut the event as they want local business to succeed hence pulling in traffic wardens so in fairness the police were very fair and easy to talk too but people won’t listen and then spoil it for all.

As per usual it was some chavs in crap boxes spoiled it for all.

Autobrite had arranged a super car parade and a classic car parade neither of which happened due to all the idiots causing issues so everyone remained parked apart from an Aston Vanquish and an MP4-12C.

When I left loads were about with cameras saying send it and well I tootled off at 10mph.
In that light, I suppose that’s fair enough to a degree but still harsh on the majority who got a ticket, B&Q and Tesco’s car parks were pretty full so there was little option but to use the verge which wasn’t causing an obstruction to the road nor pavement.
I did not want to be like that Lamborghini Performante which got totalled on Sunday big style trying to show off.

Where was this? I’m assuming not on Whittle Rd? :eek:
Edit:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6847797/Lamborghini-driver-tries-crashes-brick-wall.html

10/10 for effort, not the best place to do a LC trial...

Looks like Victoria Rd, Acton - sad when I recognise streets in London more than my home town! :o

Last edited:
Soldato
In that light, I suppose that’s fair enough to a degree but still harsh on the majority who got a ticket, B&Q and Tesco’s car parks were pretty full so there was little option but to use the verge which wasn’t causing an obstruction to the road nor pavement.

Where was this? I’m assuming not on Whittle Rd? :eek:
Edit:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6847797/Lamborghini-driver-tries-crashes-brick-wall.html

10/10 for effort, not the best place to do a LC trial...

Looks like Victoria Rd, Acton - sad when I recognise streets in London more than my home town! :o

Oof! Trees are pretty unforgiving, as it acting like a wally in a high powered car on the street. Just goes to show how quickly these things can bite you.

Caporegime
I would think so...why wouldn't they? It doesn't show him doing anything prohibited by insurance T&Cs
I’d wager they’ll try and argue he was racing the green one, many policies specifically excluded racing or “trials” given the size of the potential payout I imagine they’ll pull out all the stops in the search of a get out.

OcUK Staff
OP

Yes it is the press as per usual, the photograph my car and the Lotus and say racing, yet my car and the Lotus were parked on display the entire day.
The racing was by idiots outside refused entry as parking was ticket holders only. So apart from these people causing issues and creating Festival Park all over again it was a fabulous meet and a huge success for Autobrite as they had over 1000 customers through the door on the day, fantastic success story in Stoke. :)

Oof! Trees are pretty unforgiving, as it acting like a wally in a high powered car on the street. Just goes to show how quickly these things can bite you.

It is also what happens when you turn of all the nannies, engage LC on cold semi-slick tyres.
The car lit the tyres up on the 1-2 shift, further impacted by the slight curve and undulation in the road, the car quickly spat him out. Very stupid to even consider LC on a cold engine and cold tyres, in such a busy populated area, this could have ended far far worse!

This shows the actual crash:

Gutted for the owner, but a bit more common sense and it would not have happen!

Back
Top Bottom