BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I wear jeans at weekends, but if they were washed..etc it surely can’t be that bad at leaching dye right?

This is the car I’ve been looking at:

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201903135860536?location=High Wycombe, UK&quoteref=9c980f0e-8104-4e43-9c41-2bdcb9926f3a

Like I say I never had a problem with it but dont really wear jeans much. Id just heard that the blue could transfer to the seats fairly easy but i guess that depends on the quality of clothing too.

That car is nearly the same spec as my old one. Lovely colour combo and looks really classy.

Soldato
I wish more people specced Oyster so more were available second hand, it brightens up the car so much and look so much better and ages better imo. I have had mine for 4 years with two young kids and I’ve used a leather conditioner three times, no stains to speak of. Jeans have never been an issue.

Associate
Ordered a new G20 320i M Sport on March 10th, car finished production on 20th March but its still awaiting shipping. Scheduled to collect it second week in April. Can't come quick enough. Last 3 series I had was back in 2010 (E90 5th generation) skipped the 6th generation as didn't feel it had really moved on so opted to try a Mercedes CLA and Jaguar XE, but the new G20 has really moved on.

Soldato
Can anyone tell me if the non M function seats in the F10 M5, are simply the standard sports seats from the normal F10?

There's a nice, low mileage F10 M5 for sale at the local dealer, but it doesn't have the fancy seats. Let's it down a little inside imo. I'm sure they are nice enough, but the dealer wants top dollar and it wouldn't be a 5min retrofit.

Associate
I wish more people specced Oyster so more were available second hand, it brightens up the car so much and look so much better and ages better imo. I have had mine for 4 years with two young kids and I’ve used a leather conditioner three times, no stains to speak of. Jeans have never been an issue.

I agree, Oyster with the black lower bits and carpet looks fantastic.

Associate
Pretty sure they are different to the regular sport seats.

Yes, they have embossed headrests OMG!!! I am not sure of any other differences, maybe there are, I don't honestly know. I have the 'pauper' seats and they are absolutely fine. In fact, if you are on the slimmer side they may 'fit' you better. I had comfort seats in an F10 550i and found the seat base too wide, and similarly on test an F10 M5 with M-Multi Function seats I slid about a little. I'm not that 'slim' either, if you're less than about 90kg /35" waist then I'd recommend to try the regular seats out before you decide.

That said, there are a LOT of these cars about for sale and you don't need to pay top dollar for one, so pick out the one you want and aim to find the best value for money. I picked a car based on the fact it had Comp Pack, Adaptive LEDs and Harman. I really wanted split fold rear seats but over the past twelve months the number of occasions I'd actually have used that feature is zero. If you can buy privately then that's great, but BMW dealers are sometimes quite competitive, particularly at quarter and financial year end (like, right now). There is a blue 14 plate CP on BMW AUC now for around £31k, I think it has the black interior, soft close doors and possibly the seats you're looking for. That car is a cracking deal.

Associate
Hope you like it - but have you already driven one or seen one in the flesh? I figured these would be really rare in RHD at the moment....

Dealers got show room cars the first week in March. I didn't get chance to drive it but spent a lot of time in it. I've since seen a few near me though.

lnmXErj.jpg
cudJMsu.jpg
wgvdHMB.jpg

mn9kw9kKeMnkLYqx8

2zr7ZiUc9yqSUuRt7

Last edited:
Associate
Enjoying the change from a 118d to an F34 320d GT via the wifes 218d Active tourer.
There is so much space inside but it doesnt feel like a big car when driving. M Sport kit with Pro-nav upgrade and in OH's favourite colour, Estoril Blue.

Back
Top Bottom